Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Tevez to Liverpool?

• 12-05-2009 1:26pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 668 ✭✭✭

According to f365 anyway....would anyone else LOVE to see this?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,283 ✭✭✭gucci

Who?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,235 ✭✭✭iregk

The Z key is situated to the left of your X key.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,457 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

The origin of the story is the Sun.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,074 ✭✭✭rgiller

gucci wrote: »
    Who?

You've never heard of Carlod Tevex? He's great friends with Patrick Ever and Mao Tsi-Tsung apparently...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

This Tevex fella is no doubt engaging in something called brinkmanship. The little imp.

• Advertisement

Oh, and other reports have Milan weighing in with a 40million offer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭Dante

I hope Tevex stays at Zanchester but you never know.....

......Some part of my would like to see him do well at Liverpool just to spite Fergie.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,084 ✭✭✭A7X

If Tevez goes to Liverpool I'll die a bit inside.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

The answer is NO

Can't afford him hard to know where to play him via-a-vis Torres, other positions need the money more.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,804 ✭✭✭✭kippy

I dont know where the papers are getting these valuations from, probably just pulling them out of a hat with the rest of their transfer speculation.
    40 Million - For what? That would make him one of the most expensive transfers ever.........

Someone, came up with a very good post in one of the threads a few months ago about Tevezs' valuation and how the success of Man United on the pitch was raising it by the day.
    Will have to try dig up the post.....it was a great read.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 668 ✭✭✭FLYNN-DOG

Hilarious. But seriously, wouldnt it be great? You'd love to hear the utd fans moan about losing a "true red"

Personally I think he's what'll take liverpool to the next level -a passionate , tireless worker with a proven track record in the premiership. Liverpool need him mopre than Utd do

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

If the Pool transfer kitty is true then I can't see them blowing most of it on Tevez. I think City is the only likely club in England.

Tevez wud just be on the bench anyways with the Pool. Unless Torres or Gerrard were injured or he was played else where.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

FLYNN-DOG wrote: »
    Personally I think he's what'll take liverpool to the next level -a passionate , tireless worker with a proven track record in the premiership. Liverpool need him mopre than Utd do

Erm.

Liverpool have Kuyt, who gets more goals than this Tevex character, whoever he is.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

Milan interested, This I like!

40 Million? Save it and buy Mexes, Zapata from Udinese, a wing forward and another fullback TBH...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,252 ✭✭✭deisedevil

Why would he go to Pool? He's not happy at spending time on the bench at Man Utd so why would he go to Pool and spend time on their bench? Who's going to lose out? Torres or Gerrard? And Kuyt is in Benitez's good book, just came out and said he's Mr. Duracell and he'd play him every time.

Man City are the ones with the best chance, if United don't match what Kia wants then Man City are the most likely to do so as they have the bucks. Can't see Pool going for him anyways as they wouldn't be willing to meet the asking price.

Failing Man City then it's probably Real.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭Sizzler

OP I think this is what you are after?

http://fedex.com/ie/

They are supposed to be very good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,161 ✭✭✭✭M5

Didnt the Sun run a story last week saying that the pool only had 20 mil to spend this summer? You'd think they would at least try to hide the fact that at least one of the stories was complete rubbish

deisedevil wrote: »
    Why would he go to Pool? He's not happy at spending time on the bench at Man Utd so why would he go to Pool and spend time on their bench? Who's going to lose out? Torres or Gerrard? And Kuyt is in Benitez's good book, just came out and said he's Mr. Duracell and he'd play him every time.

Man City are the ones with the best chance, if United don't match what Kia wants then Man City are the most likely to do so as they have the bucks. Can't see Pool going for him anyways as they wouldn't be willing to meet the asking price.

Failing Man City then it's probably Real.

Ha thats what my Da calls Park.

*cough* whos much better */uncough*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

Des wrote: »
    Erm.

Liverpool have Kuyt, who gets more goals than this Tevex character, whoever he is.

eh?

Kyut last two years in prem.

67 apps 14 goals

Tevez.

61 apps 18 goals

I sink there is sum ting wong wi jor math

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭d6

Reina

---g.johnson
    j.carra
    m.skrtel
    e.insua

x.alonso
    j.masch

----d.kuyt
    s.gerrard
    c.tevez

f.torres

it would be fairly formidable opposition full backs would have no chance to get forward with tevez and kuyt!

Seaneh wrote: »
    Milan interested, This I like!

40 Million? Save it and buy Mexes, Zapata from Udinese, a wing forward and another fullback TBH...

huh? united wouldn't get the money?

they don't own him..

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

That 40 million figure by Milan is made up of a €22.5 transfer fee, the rest in wages, signing on fee if The Star is to be believed, which it usually isn't.

I would like to see Tevez go to Liverpool, but there a few reasons I can't see it happening, most of which is that spending a large proportion of the transfer kitty on him might not be the best option really.

ntlbell wrote: »
    eh?

Kyut last two years in prem.

67 apps 14 goals

Tevez.

61 apps 18 goals

I sink there is sum ting wong wi jor math

I dink he id talkin bow dis season!

deisedevil wrote: »
    I dink he id talkin bow dis year!

Oh he just taken the stat that suits, gotcha ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 668 ✭✭✭FLYNN-DOG

Tevez wants to play top 4 - why in Gods name would he go to City?! Forget about what Kompany & Robinho said - they are so far from most of the top 4 (MAY overcome Arsenal soon though) its not even funny.

He's also said he wants to stay in England - i guess QPR can afford his wages.......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,678 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

tevex

lolz

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

Tevez-Striker
    Kuyt-Right Winger

d6 wrote: »

Reina

---g.johnson
    j.carra
    m.skrtel
    e.insua

x.alonso
    j.masch

----d.kuyt
    s.gerrard
    c.tevez

f.torres

it would be fairly formidable opposition full backs would have no chance to get forward with tevez and kuyt!
    That would be crap - given tevez's fairly poor passing and the fact he is fairly crap on the wing.

• Advertisement

Say if we were to.. you know.. "get rid" of Tevez agent, would the price drop?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

huh? united wouldn't get the money?

they don't own him..

I mentioned nothing about United getting anything...

The money would go to Kia and Carlos...

Mr Alan wrote: »
    Tevez-Striker
    Kuyt-Right Winger

tevex - striker

kyut - striker, managed by someone who plays him out of position.

Oh he just taken the stat that suits, gotcha ;)

Dunno really but I'd say that this seasons stats would be more relevant.

Kuyt has twice the starts though Tevez: 17(10) Kuyt 34(2)

kyut - striker, managed by someone who plays him out of position.

which is why he is now classed as a right winger. as thats where he plays.

glad we agree.

glad we agree.

So Gerrard IS a forward then - cleared up nicely.:D

• Advertisement

When he plays off Torres, yes he is a forward. When he plays in midfield (as he has for large parts of this season). He is a midfielder. Not difficult! ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭colly10

This is just not going to happen, we don't need another striker badly enough to fork out the kind of money needed to get him and were desperate for a quality left and right full, the money needs to be spent elsewhere

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

So Gerrard IS a forward then - cleared up nicely.:D

Yes, Gerrard is a forward. Was there a debate that he wasn't or something?

monkey9 wrote: »
    Yes, Gerrard is a forward. Was there a debate that he wasn't or something?

Yeah - boggles said he goalscoring stats weren't amazing considering he was a forward. A lot of liverpool fans said he stats were amazing because he is a midfielder.

When he plays off Torres, yes he is a forward. When he plays in midfield (as he has for large parts of this season). He is a midfielder. Not difficult! ;)

So when Kyut plays up front he is a striker. So, is he a striker playing on the wing or a winger playing as striker when that happens?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Positions - Shmasitions.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Don't see the need for Tevez to be honest. He doesn't offer anything that Kuyt doesn't already bring and is blatantly over-priced - which is exactly why United won't buy him.

You are being ridiculous here Al mate.

You have such a rigid categorisation of Rooney in another thread.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,373 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

glad we agree.

same as Ronaldo, both right wingers then.

Des wrote: »
    You are being ridiculous here Al mate.

You have such a rigid categorisation of Rooney in another thread.

Rooney plays more up top than Gerrard Des. Berbatov certainly doesnt lead the line, they kind of do it in shift, neither is that kind of striker, but both do it for Utd. Gerrard never has done it for Liverpool.
    Yeah - boggles said he goalscoring stats weren't amazing considering he was a forward. A lot of liverpool fans said he stats were amazing because he is a midfielder.

no, liverpool fans said, 1) even for a forward, his stats are still brilliant. 2) he played in midfield for a lot of the season, which makes them even better.

Rooney plays more up top than Gerrard Des. Berbatov certainly doesnt lead the line, they kind of do it in shift, neither is that kind of striker, but both do it for Utd. Gerrard never has done it for Liverpool.

See my other post in the other thread.

And nobody mentioned Berbatov, but yeah, they all rotate around the positions and at United do it to such good effect as to be PL/CL winners last season, PL/World champions this season and in the CL Final again, so cannot be defined as being "one position players"

• Registered Users Posts: 5,281 ✭✭✭slingerz

most likely it would be a deferred payment transfer with it being paid in installments. 20 million is only paper talk. 15 would force joorichban to sell. Tevez at liverpool would do well as at united he competes with Rooney, Berbatov, Ronaldo etc for a place. At liverpool its just Torres and Gerrard on a par with him. He'd play a lot of games and Torres would get the rests he needs to avoid the repetitive injuries he's picking up. It would be a great deal for Liverpool and would strengthen them an awful lot

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Well, for me Gerrard has been a forward this season. Not as an out and out striker, but he's been up forward.
    And Kuyt has been our right sided midfielder for about a year and a half. (As well as the Netherlands'!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,430 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

slingerz wrote: »
    most likely it would be a deferred payment transfer with it being paid in installments. 20 million is only paper talk. 15 would force joorichban to sell. Tevez at liverpool would do well as at united he competes with Rooney, Berbatov, Ronaldo etc for a place. At liverpool its just Torres and Gerrard on a par with him. He'd play a lot of games and Torres would get the rests he needs to avoid the repetitive injuries he's picking up. It would be a great deal for Liverpool and would strengthen them an awful lot

If you think playing Tevez as a lone striker is going to help you then you're wrong. I do think he'd work well with Torres though...but Rafa did turn one of Europe's best young strikers (Babel) into a sub-standard winger so I'm pretty confident he'll mess up with Tevez if he gets him, which he wont

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,492 ✭✭✭MementoMori

monkey9 wrote: »
    Well, for me Gerrard has been a forward this season. Not as an out and out striker, but he's been up forward.
    And Kuyt has been our right sided midfielder for about a year and a half. (As well as the Netherlands'!!

Gerrard has played as a second striker/forward for a large part of the season.
    However there have been a number of games where he played as a traditional central midfielder, particularly at the start of the season when we were playing 4-4-2. I know because it used drive me mad to see him picking up the ball from the CBs and starting attacks, as it means he is inevitably too far away from the opposition's goal.

Some of the games where he played as a traditional CM in a 4-4-2 with two forwards in front of him

Liverpool v Sunderland - 4-4-2 Keane and Torres up front
    Liverpool v Boro - 4-4-2 Keane and Torres up front
    Liverpool v Stoke - 4-4-2 Keane and Torres up front
    Liverpool v Everton - 4-4-2 Keane and Torres up front
    Liverpool v Wigan - 4-4-2 Keane and Kuyt up front
    Liverpool v West Brow - 4-4-2 Keane and Kuyt up front

• Advertisement
Advertisement