Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Tevez to Liverpool?

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,430 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

When did this turn into the Liverpool superthread btw?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,709 ✭✭✭CR 7

Tevex?

or

Tevex?

Both appear vastly overpriced.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,457 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Gerrard has played as a second striker/forward for a large part of the season.
    However there have been a number of games where he played as a traditional central midfielder, particularly at the start of the season when we were playing 4-4-2. I know because it used drive me mad to see him picking up the ball from the CBs and starting attacks, as it means he is inevitably too far away from the opposition's goal.

Some of the games where he played as a traditional CM in a 4-4-2 with two forwards in front of him

Liverpool v Sunderland - 4-4-2 Keane and Torres up front
    Liverpool v Boro - 4-4-2 Keane and Torres up front
    Liverpool v Stoke - 4-4-2 Keane and Torres up front
    Liverpool v Everton - 4-4-2 Keane and Torres up front
    Liverpool v Wigan - 4-4-2 Keane and Kuyt up front
    Liverpool v West Brow - 4-4-2 Keane and Kuyt up front
    I thought one of the reasons Keane failed at pool was because he was played out on the wing, as opposed to up front alongside Torres.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,281 ✭✭✭slingerz

Positions at United and Liverpool aint rigid like a 4-4-2 setup of whatever.

Ronaldo and Rooney are like inside forwards off a main striker like Berbatov who sometimes rotates with Rooney and Ronaldo with one of them going central

At Liverpool Torres is always the main striker with Gerrard in an attacking midfield role behind him. Kuyt and Riera are wide attacking midfield players but not as advanced as Ronaldo and Rooney are for United

• Registered Users Posts: 5,281 ✭✭✭slingerz

Liam O wrote: »
    If you think playing Tevez as a lone striker is going to help you then you're wrong. I do think he'd work well with Torres though...but Rafa did turn one of Europe's best young strikers (Babel) into a sub-standard winger so I'm pretty confident he'll mess up with Tevez if he gets him, which he wont

Tevez definitely has the ability to play the same role for Liverpool that Torres is currently fufiling

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭spockety

deisedevil wrote: »
    Why would he go to Pool? He's not happy at spending time on the bench at Man Utd so why would he go to Pool and spend time on their bench? Who's going to lose out? Torres or Gerrard? And Kuyt is in Benitez's good book, just came out and said he's Mr. Duracell and he'd play him every time.

Eh, isn't the issue for Tevez that United are not actually showing any willingness to buy him or offer him a contract?

At least Liverpool can give him job security. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

I thought one of the reasons Keane failed at pool was because he was played out on the wing, as opposed to up front alongside Torres.

no.

he played a bit of time on the wing in one match (Aston Villa) while at Liverpool. thats all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,430 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

slingerz wrote: »
    Tevez definitely has the ability to play the same role for Liverpool that Torres is currently fufiling

No he doesn't. He chases the ball back to his own centre backs. He's a very deep lying player. He has become very greedy this season which might help him but he needs someone up there with him to make much of an impact.

Why am I even discussing this? No way he's moving to Liverpool anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,252 ✭✭✭deisedevil

spockety wrote: »
    Eh, isn't the issue for Tevez that United are not actually showing any willingness to buy him or offer him a contract?

Yes, he said he wants to leave because he doesn't feel wanted. But would he not prefer to go to a club where he gets more games? He's been complaining that he's not starting enough so why would he want to go to Pool.

Anyways like I said before, I can't see why Pool would pay that kind of money for someone who won't be starting that much.
    Where as City will start him a lot and will have the cash.

That's my point.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

spockety wrote: »

not too mention all the runner up medals

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

I'd love him at City. Hopefully Hughes gets the first out and makes a move.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,543 ✭✭✭JerryHandbag

I dont want him to leave. Liverpool can have Nani instead. Please take him:D

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭spockety

ntlbell wrote: »
    not too mention all the runner up medals

High five!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭JP Liz

I think he will end up at Man City if anywhere in UK - i would prefer MU keep him

He would cost the pool too much

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Draupnir

Me fail English? That's unpossible.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Draupnir wrote: »
    Me fail English? That's unpossible.

Spanish, Shirley?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,001 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Tevex lol, another of George Weah's cousins no doubt.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

WHAT!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

Rumour has it he'll be lining up alongside Ruud van Nistellroom for Chamartin at the Konami Stadium on Sunday against Merseyside Red ending any such speculation about a possible move

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,084 ✭✭✭A7X

Adamcp898 wrote: »
    Rumour has it he'll be lining up alongside Ruud van Nistellroom for Chamartin at the Konami Stadium on Sunday against Merseyside Red ending any such speculation about a possible move

You should update your Pro Evo sir.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭Sizzler

OP, did you Fedex whatever it was to Liverpool yet or what?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭Jazzy

would love to see this happening but it probably wont.
    he'd fit in very nicely at liverpool and i deffo see him getting more games at anfield then he currently gets at utd. he fits perfectly with torres and gerrard and unlike robbie keane he can play on either side of the pitch. him, kuyt. torres and gerrard is a pretty darn good attack and very industrious, which is ultimately what rafa wants in a player.
    it would be a coup if we got him but i imagine the struggle will be between utd and real for his services.

to fund it i see babel and dossena getting moved on. yossi benayoun leaving wouldnt surprise me either.

Tbh it looks like Gabriel Heinze all over again, only this time with that unpronounceable middle-man pulling the strings. Bloody argentinians! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭Sizzler

Tbh it looks like Gabriel Heinze all over again, only this time with that unpronounceable middle-man pulling the strings. Bloody argentinians! :D
    The middle man is Iranian AFAIK, not an Argie.

If you were reading Fergies quotes over the last few days he said he wont be signing anybody in the summer which if you read between the lines probably means he will just be making Tevez perm. Can't see him going and then Fergie not signing a replacement.

Only difference is that United have to stump up quite a wad of cash to stop him going. Otherwise, he will be going wherever he wants to whoever is willing to pay the fee.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

Sizzler wrote: »
    OP, did you Fedex whatever it was to Liverpool yet or what?

there should be a "Boo this Post" button really :D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 698 ✭✭✭Vampireskiss

Des wrote: »
    Erm.

Liverpool have Kuyt, who gets more goals than this Tevex character, whoever he is.

If you don't know who he is, how do you know Kuyt gets more goals?

Sorry I meant Heinze & Tevez being the argentinians (granted Heinze doesnt have a very south american sounding surname:))
    Only difference is that United have to stump up quite a wad of cash to stop him going. Otherwise, he will be going wherever he wants to whoever is willing to pay the fee.

Quiet possible, but then doesnt Fergie have a policy of not selling to his Title Rivals? Thus he obviously didnt rate Arsenal that highly when he sold Mikeal Silvestre!

Quiet possible, but then doesnt Fergie have a policy of not selling to his Title Rivals? Thus he obviously didnt rate Arsenal that highly when he sold Mikeal Silvestre!

Am not sure whether you are missing the point but United do not own Tevez. He is there on loan and they have first dibs on purchasing him. If they choose not to purchase him, United have absolutely no input into where Tevez goes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭Fromvert

If you were reading Fergies quotes over the last few days he said he wont be signing anybody in the summer which if you read between the lines probably means he will just be making Tevez perm. Can't see him going and then Fergie not signing a replacement.

Or maybe the young lad Tosic is going to get games, not sure why he hasnt got a look in as of yet. Work Permit?

Or maybe he didnt rate Silvestre.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

unless the Tevez & Mascherano agreements were different when their loans were arranged. tevez can sign for anyone he chooses now, Utd have no say.

Am not sure whether you are missing the point but United do not own Tevez. He is there on loan and they have first dibs on purchasing him. If they choose not to purchase him, United have absolutely no input into where Tevez goes.

Yeah I know hes on loan but what I mean is that basically Fergie will not want him to join Liverpool, and the easiest way to do that is to make first offer, like you say. Wrong choice of words when i said "sell".

Either way, I would be very sorry to see him go, his energy and terrier-like hounding goes down well with me, love to see that passion. And if Fergie is gonna fork out the money, then I wish he would feckin come out and say it instead of nearly biting the head off the sky reporter at the weekend.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

tevez is not happy in a third string position at utd...itll be the exact same at pool unfortunatley. i think its just agent fella goin "oh you dont want to buy tevez no? well then what do you say about him goin to liverpool? yeah make that cheque out to Kia Joorabchian....thats K I A..."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 698 ✭✭✭Vampireskiss

Can someone tell me how long Teves is actually under contract to Kia Joorabchian .

Ok he is on Loan at United but like any player on loan he must have a finite contract with their original owner

Teves has been at westham a year and United 2 years most deals in football are 4 to 5 years. It cannot be the case that Joorabchian owns Teves indefinitely.

I get the feeling Joorabchian is under pressure to sell this year because his own deal with Teves could be coming to an end and I think United and the other clubs know this.

Does anyone get what I am getting at here?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,804 ✭✭✭✭kippy

Can someone tell me how long Teves is actually under contract to Kia Joorabchian .

Ok he is on Loan at United but like any player on loan he must have a finite contract with their original owner

Teves has been at westham a year and United 2 years most deals in football are 4 to 5 years. It cannot be the case that Joorabchian owns Teves indefinitely.

I get the feeling Joorabchian is under pressure to sell this year because his own deal with Teves could be coming to an end and I think United and the other clubs know this.

Does anyone get what I am getting at here?
    Kias company holds tevez's registration indefinetly or until somebody comes along and buys the registration off them......
    That said, you do bring up an interesting point.......tevez must have some contract with the company, in relation to pay and how long he is under "Contract to them" etc.......
    Theres no concept of "free agent" or anything like that for instance.
    Theres obviously A LOT of contracts/legal docs there in relation to how the ownership of his registration works, luckily the PL seem to have closed off the chances of this happening again.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,956 ✭✭✭CHD

He's going to Chelsea

Advertisement