Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommendations

Options
  • 12-05-2009 1:43pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭

Hi, I am trying to organise a 30th birthday party in July for a few friends. Won't be a huge crowd, maybe around 10-15. I was thinking of renting out a house in Wicklow for a night or two. Can anyone recommend somewhere nice thats close to a town (and maybe nearby a lake for fishing?)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭Muller_1

Lakes, near villages in Wicklow would be Blessington, Glendalough, Roundwood,

Blessington would be the bigest town with a near by lake.
    Glendalough only has a hotel not much else, you could stay in Laragh not much there either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

Thanks, I might have a look at Blessington.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,237 ✭✭✭iregk

windsock, if your thinking of blessington then Avon-Ri, right on the lake shore rent small houses. Its technically a hotel but the "rooms" are houses. I've been to a few parties there, even though I live within a 10min walk :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,578 ✭✭✭ciaran67

iregk wrote: »
    windsock, if your thinking of blessington then Avon-Ri, right on the lake shore rent small houses. Its technically a hotel but the "rooms" are houses. I've been to a few parties there, even though I live within a 10min walk :)

Superb view from the bar aswell. What a fab place to enjoy a pint.

Advertisement