Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anomoly scan tomorow What questions to ask?

• 12-05-2009 2:04pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 154 ✭✭

Have a total mind blank. Theres a history of hydroceaphalis (sp?) on his side and then I have a lil one with some kindney problems. Im just wondering is there anything else i need to ask ? If something is detected what happens next?

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

If something is detected what happens next?
    ...is your first question. Totally depends on what they detect. I dont know what you should ask as I dont know the specifics of your situation, but from now until your appointment, keep a notebook beside you. As questions occur, jot them down so you remember to ask the medical staff when you are there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 729 ✭✭✭beth-lou

I suppose really you will be informing them first off, and then they may have questions for you. Have you already informed your doctor or midwife about this? Basically they will talk you through the scan as you go and will look at all the organs, bone development and the size of your baby. Other than questions about those specific conditions, just sit back and watch and hopefully all will go well.

All the best.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 154 ✭✭galwaygirleen

Total baby brain... had even forgot i had posted this.. crazy..

So had the scan, lady doing the scan was very nice and helpful and she talked her way through everything!! I informed her of everything re the family history she took a closer look but said she would be more comfortable if the consultant did the scan so im booked in again for next thursday. Had a chat with the consultant and said that everything looks fine but will do the scan nxt week to be sure.

Thanks for the replies.

Advertisement