Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RTE player for N95?

• 12-05-2009 2:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭

any programmers out there up for the task of implementing the new RTE to be used on smart phones???

Would be a fantasitc application! Been jealous of the British for months now because of their BBC iplayer

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 342 ✭✭thomasjad

any programmers out there wanna figure out how to get bbc iplayer to work here ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,164 ✭✭✭hobochris

thomasjad wrote: »
    any programmers out there wanna figure out how to get bbc iplayer to work here ;)

i assume you mean for the desktop? a proxy is what you need.

mobile is a little more tricky. Streaming on the networks isn't really supported that well so that would stop any mobile iplayer/rte player from happening.

• Registered Users Posts: 342 ✭✭thomasjad

i guess if the phone had wifi tho it'd be possible?..

• Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭jessconr

BBC iPlayer has a widget that can be used on the N95. Can a widget be made for the RTE Player? Dunno if a programmer could copy the fundementals the BBC iPlayer widget. The RTE Player website is flash based, I think the BBC iPlayer website is flash based also. The problem with getting the iPlayer to work ere is that our Network IP & Proxies register as Irish. This wouldn't be a problem though if a RTE Player widget was produced.

Advertisement