Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

call of duty 4

• 12-05-2009 2:56pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 32

feel stupid doing this but just got the game and in the first level training. gaz wants me to destroy a watermelon using my knife or weapon but i have tried everything and i cant. advice is sorely needed pretty please

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭zero19

Press down on the right stick?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

If your having trouble slicing Watermelons i reccommend "Mile High Club" on Veteran difficulty. Its way easier ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

Skip gaz, the training and SP and just play it on MP

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

zAbbo wrote: »
    Skip gaz, the training and SP and just play it on MP

And miss one of the greatest single player fps games in recent years??? Bad idea..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭Twilightning

DarkJager wrote: »
    And miss one of the greatest single player fps games in recent years??? Bad idea..

I'd hardly call it one of the greatest single player first person shooters. The campaign is short and the storyline is fairly manufactured. :P

Stick to multiplayer, better by leaps and bounds. Plus you'll just end up slitting your wrists at all the failed attempts you'll have made at trying to complete it on veteran difficulty. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

DarkJager wrote: »

+1

Play the single player. It is brilliant.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,506 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

LIGHTNING wrote: »
    Yea I have to agree with you, I thought the single player was so linear and poorly scripted it was almost funny. Look no enemies, take one step forward oh look loads of enemies. Walk twenty feet forward and they stop appearing, quality gaming right their.

Must say I liked the story and it had some unexpected turns, but COD's single player is little more than wack-a-mole. Would love to the see the end of respawning enemies, it'd at least give you the option to play more tactically, rather just than rushing from one trigger point to the next.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭Evolute

What he said about pushing the stick either that or hit B at the watermelon to slice it in two its not that hard.:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,154 ✭✭✭✭Penn

The single player is fantastic. Fair enough, it has its flaws. But the level where you wear the Ghillie suit and the "One shot, one kill" bit were epic. Besides, its best to hone your skills in single player instead of diving head first into a multi-player which some people have been playing for a year and a half*

*not continuously

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 24,004 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

Press down on the stick and go through the SP option, you can have as much of a debate about whether it's best, but it will prepare you for MP, it teaches you to use most weapons and to vary your tactics

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭smooch71

The single player is fantastic. Fair enough, it has its flaws. But the level where you wear the Ghillie suit and the "One shot, one kill" bit were epic. Besides, its best to hone your skills in single player instead of diving head first into a multi-player which some people have been playing for a year and a half*

*not continuously

I think some of them may have!

Either that or I just suck

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭LD 50

I'd hardly call it one of the greatest single player first person shooters. The campaign is short and the storyline is fairly manufactured. :P

Stick to multiplayer, better by leaps and bounds. Plus you'll just end up slitting your wrists at all the failed attempts you'll have made at trying to complete it on veteran difficulty. :pac:
    Ah but when you do finally get it it feels so good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 615 ✭✭✭NunianVonFuch

LD 50 wrote: »
    Ah but when you do finally get it it feels so good.

Especially the Mile High Club level. After trying it for 2 hours I got all the way to the hostage bit at the end - but my thumbs were wrecked and I shot the hostage in the face. ArggggHHHHHH!!!!!!! :mad:

Still haven't finished it properly yet :(

Advertisement