Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Will a holiday save me?

Options
  • 12-05-2009 3:01pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 423 ✭✭

Hello all,

Just a quick question to all, I’ve being working flat out there since Christmas and have literally being up, down and all around and am currently getting hammered by the 3 o’clock slump – a real killer.
    My motivation has gone for work at the moment, finding it very hard to get myself out of bed for in the morn.
    Unfortunately my job is sort of seasonal and the summer months are very quite (I am not a ski instructor) and I am dreading the long hours whiling away in the office over summer!

Would a ten day break give me the spark to get back into the office with a renewed vigour?

Also the pressures of holding on to your job now, because of global recession is also not helping in my mood.

Thanks to all who reply

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

I found that after a four day trip I was even more tired upon returning to work, but that was due to the fact that I only got back home late on the last day. I'd take a 5-7 day break then relax for a few days at home to recharge the batteries, especially if you are travelling for a long period of time on your trip.

If that makes sense...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 423 ✭✭Ichiro

The job involves a lot of travel, and for some reason on a recent trip - I was away for over a week - I have come back and can't get back into the work sink!

Just come in from work and head straight for bed!
    THAT IS NOT GOOD and I well get the hump with myself for taking those long naps!

Advertisement