Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Northern Ireland shopping

• 12-05-2009 3:08pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Hello!
    Has anyone been up the north lately shopping for household goods? I built a house recently in Galway and need to furnish it. Some ppl told me to take a trip up the north but where would be the best sopts to go?? I am looking for all kitchen appliances and furniture etc..... Cheers! ;)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 796 ✭✭✭Dellas

http://www.shopdekko.com/

www.diy.com

www.currys.co.uk

www.argos.co.uk

www.pcworld.co.uk

www.dfs.co.uk

For electronics such as DVD/CD players and TV's this place is excellent. Have bought a few things from them. Great bunch of guys also who know what they are talking about. They are located behind Castle Court shopping center in Belfast.

http://www.richersounds.ie/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭AutumnComission

Hiya. You should definately have a look on www.ikea.com.. My folks are after building a house in Clare and went up North a few weeks ago. They are going up again shortly for more bits. Also for suites of furniture try www.dfs.co.uk. They are very reasonable and have some lovely sofa's. Both of the above stores are in Belfast. Even Argos is much cheaper up there for accessories like chandeliers, lamps etc. so you can save a bundle by just browsing their southern catalogue and holding off buying your stuff til you cross the border! Tiles were much cheaper up there, timber floors weren't much different in price as far as I know. Good luck with your house! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 148 ✭✭lovelyhome

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭AutumnComission

Definately try www.victoriaplumb.com for all bathroom accessories, taps, sinks, power showers, baths etc. We got all ours in England for a fraction of the cost of the same products over here and we shipped them in for little or nothing compared to the Irish prices. All the products are flawless and look fab now that the rooms are finished! Everyone is admiring them! (The plumber wasn't our biggest fan though when we asked him to install the fancy power showers and jacussi baths!) Seriously though.. Highly reccommended!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 113 ✭✭holidayhere

Eniskillen used to be one of the main towns for people heading north.
    Is that not the case anymore.
    Newry seems very popular now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,618 ✭✭✭veryangryman

Depends where your coming from... Newry gets all traffic on the M1/M2 so

No point going to Newry if your from the west or west midlands

Enniskillen is grand if you approach it from the east side of the Erne. Straight into Asda/Tesco car park, stock up cash-n-carry style, and your away again

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭EZeeBOS

Try these crowd, I think they do everything borderbargains.ie.....they have a van parked on the way into Galway advertising!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 websitedesigner

David,

You are not allowed to advertise your own business.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 sl

Hi all

Can anyone tell me if it is worth my while looking into marble tiles up North (or even abroad)?

If so, where would you recommend as a place worth visiting - Enniskillen, Derry, Belfast, other (I am situated in the Mid-West region so really don't mind travelling if it if savings can be made).

Also, if anyone has purchased tiles, did you get them delivered or did you organise delivery yourself? Was this expensive?

Marble tiles seem to be an astronomical price down south and I would like to hear from anyone who has purchased such tiles up North.

Thanks for you help

Advertisement