Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

has faith no more brixton academy sold out?

• 12-05-2009 3:10pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,706 ✭✭✭

A. i thought this might be better here than in gigs, if not mods please move.

B. don t know who's promoting this in london, if it turns out promoter is MCD associated, mods please delete.

I've checked ticketmaster.co.uk and it just says "tickets not available" does that mean sold out or not available yet?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,576 ✭✭✭lord lucan

A. i thought this might be better here than in gigs, if not mods please move.

B. don t know who's promoting this in london, if it turns out promoter is MCD associated, mods please delete.

I've checked ticketmaster.co.uk and it just says "tickets not available" does that mean sold out or not available yet?

Yep,sold out friday. There was a pre-sale on wednesday last week and general sale friday,gone in minutes!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,706 ✭✭✭120_Minutes

bugger.

I got a ticket for £125stg from Getmein.com!!!!!!! Saving grace was i got my flights over and back for €2!:D

Initialy i balked at paying so much but i don't think i'll manage a festival this summer as i'm off to the states to see metallica at MSG in november for 2 nights so i'm putting this one down to a "once in a lifetime" event. Seen them 3 times in 92/93,couldn't resist one more show!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭tony1kenobi

has faith no more brixton academy sold out?

Faith No More formed in the early 80's and achieved some amount of worldwide success in the latter part of same decade.

During that period they played numerous sell out shows at the old Brixton Academy, one of which was released as a live record.

So, no, Faith No More are not selling out by playing the Brixton Academy, even though they have reformed for the money.

I hope this answers your question wee fella.

Faith No More formed in the early 80's and achieved some amount of worldwide success in the latter part of same decade.

During that period they played numerous sell out shows at the old Brixton Academy, one of which was released as a live record.

So, no, Faith No More are not selling out by playing the Brixton Academy, even though they have reformed for the money.

I hope this answers your question wee fella.

I know where you live mate. :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭tony1kenobi

I know where you live mate. :p

I apologise. Will this make it up to you......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,146 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

Any chance they are gonna play here? :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 996 ✭✭✭Léan

It sold out in a matter of seconds. There were too many presale tickets left out and too many links going around to get them so by the time they went onsale to the general public there wasn't that many left. Fooking ticketmaster fools.
    I got as far as entering my credit card details the morning they went on sale and then the site kept messing up :mad: and thus lost two tickets. So bitter.

Anywho, there are tickets left which ticketmaster are selling on a sister site for extraordinary prices (which is verrrry annoying).

I'm still hoping FNM will announce an Irish date, another UK date was rumoured so i'd settle for that either. It's quite a comprehensive tour and they're constantly announcing more dates so here's hoping. (Plus Patton kind of owes us one for cancelling Peeping Tom last year :P)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 377 ✭✭djScarey

Decent alternative option: Rock en Seine, Paris (with Offspring + others) 29 August 45€ + ticketing/postage charges, but can home print ticket(s):

http://www.digitick.com/rock-en-seine-29-aout-2009-festival-pop-rock-domaine-national-de-saint-cloud-29-aout-2009-css4-rockenseine-pg101-ri231653.html

Festival: http://www.rockenseine.com/

Weekend 99€+charges

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,026 ✭✭✭docdolittle

Or you could just get a day ticket to the download festival...? :phttp://www.downloadfestival.co.uk/lineup/index.aspx

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 482 ✭✭oneillMan999

lord lucan wrote: »
    I got a ticket for £125stg from Getmein.com!!!!!!! Saving grace was i got my flights over and back for €2!:D

Initialy i balked at paying so much but i don't think i'll manage a festival this summer as i'm off to the states to see metallica at MSG in november for 2 nights so i'm putting this one down to a "once in a lifetime" event. Seen them 3 times in 92/93,couldn't resist one more show!

Cool..i got mine on ebay for the same price, and yea it was a bit expensive, but its FAITH NO MORE!!, small price to pay if ye think about it.

and i got my flights over and back for next to nothin as well :D

Are u goin alone lucan?

Cool..i got mine on ebay for the same price, and yea it was a bit expensive, but its FAITH NO MORE!!, small price to pay if ye think about it.

and i got my flights over and back for next to nothin as well :D

Are u goin alone lucan?

Yep,i'm flying solo on this one. Heading over wednesday morning,coming back thursday afternoon.

Yep,i'm flying solo on this one. Heading over wednesday morning,coming back thursday afternoon.

yep, same here... ill be free all afternoon for a few beers to get us in the mood if ye fancy it. im stayin at a little hotel in brixton

yep, same here... ill be free all afternoon for a few beers to get us in the mood if ye fancy it. im stayin at a little hotel in brixton

Sounds like a plan. I'll try find out the name of a couple of boozers near the brixton academy and i'll PM you and sort something out.:cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭techno-allah

An Irish show is definitely owed for the cancelled Peeping Tom and Tomahawk shows.

Got tickets for the gig in Berlin. Can't wait!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,764 ✭✭✭funnyname

Sounds like a plan. I'll try find out the name of a couple of boozers near the brixton academy and i'll PM you and sort something out.:cool:

Try the Grosvenor on Sidney street, a short walk from the acdemy

http://www.myspace.com/thegrosvenorsw9

Cool :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,158 ✭✭✭frag420

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrggggggggggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Defo owed a gig after cancelling Peeping tom gig in aug o7!!!

Would kill someone to see them in Dublin!!

Mods(by kill i mean feed homeless people or pet a puppy)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭Irish Halo

funnyname wrote: »
    Try the Grosvenor on Sidney street, a short walk from the acdemy

http://www.myspace.com/thegrosvenorsw9
    The Priory Arms (a bit further away) is a great boozer(my local):
    http://www.theprioryarms.co.uk/

Also The Ivan's Retreat has replaced the Goose which used to be just across the road(for people who have attended live events in the academy before). The Goose was **** but surprisingly Ivan's Retreat is good, the BeeHive is crap.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 jordananderson

Hi All,

i've just returned from Brixton this morning. if any of you bought a T-Shirt did you notice the 27th AUGUST DUBLIN on it???? can't find any info on the web and a little pissed as i bought tickets / flights for Brixton and Berlin.

It rocked though....

• Advertisement

this is good news, aug 27th is a gap in the tour, with paris next on the 29th, so its very possible.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 jordananderson

They were also to do (according to T-Shirts) Glasgow on 25th Aug, Dublin 27th, reading 28th, Paris 29th and Leeds 30th. as we know Reading and leeds were confirmed then removed from thier website so i wonder if all these will be confirmed after Download? or if download could have forced the issue due to the "exclusive" UK apperance deal. does this mean they wont bother with Dublin.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 6,817 ✭✭✭jenizzle

It's either a good announcement or a really crap misprint on the t-shirt :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭smelltheglove

Tickets on sale on wednesday!!!! its on the ticketmaster site now! €54.80 gonna be ****ing class hope to **** i get a ticket!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,904 ✭✭✭DeadSkin

Any one know who the support is?

Edit:

Just checkin' out a few youtubes there, Roddy looks well happy

............and a classic

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

They've just added a gig at the Edinburgh Corn Exchange on the 25th of August. Tickets for this go on sale on Friday at 10am.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭Kevin11

2 tickets in the bag.. Great stuff cant wait :D

• Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭kkontour

None available 9:10am :(

none available at one second past 9 for me, how is that possible?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭NIBBS

yeah I've tried all combinations since 9:00 and just kept getting told there were none available - had I been sitting in a queue or something I'd understand, but to be shown none available when people are still getting them is a complete headwrecker.....:-(

praying for a second date - but that'll be even harder to get tickets for as the profiteers will be after them all....

Advertisement