Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Under the table drinking making a comeback?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,542 ✭✭✭Captain Darling

marcsignal wrote: »
    my local is like the 'kennedy space centre' for cameras, and run by a cavan man.

first sign of that and it's stamped on. I'm convinced the place is bugged.
    <_<

>_<

We're watching you.......

.......right now.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,072 ✭✭✭marcsignal

<_<

>_<

We're watching you.......

.......right now.

sweet! 2 pints of becks and a packet of crisps please ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,556 ✭✭✭Slunk

I have been doing it alot lately. Normally have a load of the airplane bottles (50ml) in the girlfriends bag. Handy as a measure. Jus lash the whole lot in in one go. Buy a mixer and its the perfect mix. Not too strong. Handy too for places tha tend to search. Smaller bottles can be hid easier than a nagin or shoulder :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭stereo_steve

A friend of mine years ago walked into the pub with a six pack, right past the bouncer.

How?

She wrapped it up as a Birthday present and put the empties back into it.

It was hilarious!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,072 ✭✭✭marcsignal

Slunk wrote: »
    I have been doing it alot lately.

don't blame you, I wouldn't do it in my local, but definitely would in a city night club, robbing bastards :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

A friend of mine years ago walked into the pub with a six pack, right past the bouncer.

How?

She wrapped it up as a Birthday present and put the empties back into it.

It was hilarious!

Christ almighty, genius!

• Registered Users Posts: 270 ✭✭bicardi19

Seen someone mention to do it in places where they wouldnt expect it....
    i work in a 4 star hotel behind the bar and you wouldnt believe how many naggins we pick up at the end of the night.
    The weddings are crazy. I think at least 50%of people bring in their own drink. Spend most of the night giving out glasses of ice and red bull
    Cant blame them though, Ive done it myself and will continue to do so. Now I know though how to be discreet about it !!! No wonder Manbags are becoming so popular

• Registered Users Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭xOxSinéadxOx

Making a comeback? I don't think this ever died out tbh, for us poor people anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,568 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Generally bring a naggin or a hip flask out with me everytime I go out. Only spent 4 euro in a club the other night getting two pints of blackcurrant. It's the way to go

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

Sean_K wrote: »
    a schneaky naggin is the job, down a sock where it'll never be noticed.
    Wont work for me. I normally have me lad tucked into me sock. Although I do have another leg. Woo

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,900 ✭✭✭rannerap

i always do it,a lot of places dont check your bag so i always bring a shoulder and a bottle of boost or two and your set for the night,just order a glass of water annd go into the toilet:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭genericguy

rubadub wrote: »
    Surprised it is not more popular, when I started drinking ~15 years ago, it costed roughly twice as much for booze in pubs than offies. Now it is up to 10 times, a heineken 330ml can be €6.20 in some pubs in town (check the ripoff threads), while I have gotten the same bottle for 63cent in tesco.

I stash into concerts mainly, not pubs anymore. I do not want to stand queing for 20mins at concerts, out of sight of the band, only to hand over €6 for a plasitc cup of piss.

I was at the aussie pink floyd in the point a couple of weeks ago, ordered a popcorn and two beers and they charged me 19 euro. 19. bleedin'. euro. my árse is still killing me! :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 446 ✭✭phenomenon

Sneaking naggins into clubs...? Too easy.

I regularly sneak 4/5 cans of beer into my local. One down each trouser leg and up each sleeve and, if you can fit it, one down the groin. I'm like a fcuking robot walking up to the door some nights, unable to bend any of my joints.

genericguy wrote: »
    I was at the aussie pink floyd in the point a couple of weeks ago, ordered a popcorn and two beers and they charged me 19 euro. 19. bleedin'. euro. my árse is still killing me! :(

And you paid it? You're the bigger fool

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,078 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

You have a point there, at least when ypou are buying your booze over the counter, you are pacing yourself, but when you down half a bottle of vodka in the jacks of the pub, its not very conducive to having a sensible night out.

Yeah but it gets you rat arsed so it's all good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

Very common practice at bike rallies, I have seen slabs of Bulmers smuggled in to venues in back packs and tank bags and very rarely searched.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,837 ✭✭✭S.I.R

Crouching tiger - hidden naggin Ftw.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭Thundercats Ho

genericguy wrote: »

Great gig though

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭k99_64

phenomenon wrote: »
    Sneaking naggins into clubs...? Too easy.

I regularly sneak 4/5 cans of beer into my local. One down each trouser leg and up each sleeve and, if you can fit it, one down the groin. I'm like a fcuking robot walking up to the door some nights, unable to bend any of my joints.

So whats the point of going to the local? Just drink at home with friends?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 310 ✭✭TaxiManMartin

Quazzie wrote: »
    I prefer
    this

I got one of those for a present. Decided to try it out for the fun of it a few months ago and have been using it ever since. I havent bought a drink since. The only thing i get at the bar is ice :)

Saving me a fortune,

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 446 ✭✭phenomenon

k99_64 wrote: »
    So whats the point of going to the local? Just drink at home with friends?

I like to drink among people with actual jobs so I don't feel like a total bum.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,151 ✭✭✭Thomas_S_Hunterson

I got one of those for a present. Decided to try it out for the fun of it a few months ago and have been using it ever since. I havent bought a drink since. The only thing i get at the bar is ice :)

Saving me a fortune,

Reminds me of a certain Friends episode with a doctor suspected of wearing a bra.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 634 ✭✭✭nomorebadtown

i always do this on the weekend. anyone who dosnt do it is pretty stupid imo

• Registered Users Posts: 7,249 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

Got fully patted down by a bouncer in Prague a few weeks ago but the pr1ck still didnt find the full naggin in my sock

Hip flasks are easier to sneak in, but can be annoying if you are caught on the way in and they try to confiscate it

Someone should design a naggin bottle that is an easier shape to sneak in, or remember those bags of vodka (think they are the Bullseye Baggies that Ryanair still sell) that caused such a stir when they came out first? Might be a good idea for them to start a new marketing campaign, never see them in shops

• Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭poisonated

My friend has a belt with a hip flast as the bluckle...It would be so good to have something like that as it would be really easy to sneak the whiskey,vodka or whatever past the bouncers

• Registered Users Posts: 5,398 ✭✭✭MIN2511

I have carried naggins out a few times but i have never used them... Dunno why, i end up drinking beer most of the night.

Got fully patted down by a bouncer in Prague a few weeks ago but the pr1ck still didnt find the full naggin in my sock

Hip flasks are easier to sneak in, but can be annoying if you are caught on the way in and they try to confiscate it

Someone should design a naggin bottle that is an easier shape to sneak in, or remember those bags of vodka (think they are the Bullseye Baggies that Ryanair still sell) that caused such a stir when they came out first? Might be a good idea for them to start a new marketing campaign, never see them in shops

Jeez which club that? we only got the metal detectors on us!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,220 ✭✭✭✭Loopy

A couple of mates brought Vodka into a pub off Grafton St last week, and just ordered coke for the nite..
    The barman came over at the end of the night and said girls next time be aware of the cameras and pointed to the camera over our heads:rolleyes:

Have no idea why he didnt chuck them out, although there was a lot of us drinking beers and stuff, which we paid for.. obviously.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,956 ✭✭✭consultech

I'll just consult my hipflask and humongous bottles of Nor'n Areland Jack Daniels for the answer to this question...

Answer: Yes, under-the-table drinking is indeed making a comeback.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 47 mickeymoney

Bought a bottle of Absolut to keep for a party but ended up in the globe.
    After the fourth order i was saying to my friend i cant look the bar man in the face and order another two cokes. we had a few spliffs as well in the bar before the smk ban. fell out of the place.

Advertisement