Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coffee shops near Lansdowne road station?

Options
  • 12-05-2009 3:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,291 ✭✭✭

Hey guys
    I have an important meeting in a couple of days at an office in ballsbridge (Shelbourne road) and ideally would like to go somewhere for a quiet coffee to go through a few things beforehand. Is there an insomnia/cafe sol/any cafe *very* close to lansdowne road dart station? I don't want to be going too far out of the way and I don't really know that part of ballsbridge all that well. Thanks a million :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭TarfHead

Shelbourne road .. somewhere for a quiet coffee ..

There's no such place very close to Lansdowne Road station. That area is all residential or offices.

Depends which end of Shelbourne Road you mean. At the Ballsbridge end, there's Ballsbridge (:D !) so there should be more than one place to go to. Before that junction, across from Ballsbridge Motors, there's a small place whose name escapes me. If you're back towards Beggars Bush, there are a couple of pubs (e.g. Slatterys),and further back again, near Grand Canal Dock, there's a hotel. If at that end, then your DART stop is Grand Canal Dock, not Lansdowne Road.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,291 ✭✭✭eclectichoney

Thanks a lot for that tarfhead that's what I feared. The place at ballsbridge Motors might be close enough though, so thanks a million :)

• Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭Zatman

they have Starbucks and O'Briens there

Advertisement