Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Guitar Lessons

Options
  • 12-05-2009 3:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭

anyone here available to give me guitar lessons I'm looking to play traditional Irish songs. Will pay for lessons

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,173 ✭✭✭1huge1

Actually (and sorry to hijack your thread) but im looking for electric guitar lessons as it happens so if ya know anyone...

We could be giving someone double the business jim but I don't know how many electric guitar players play traditional irish music but ya never know.

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

Well traditional Irish songs= a few chords with a really good voice to carry you so that's easily done. Plus, beginners electric and beginners acoustic are pretty much the same thing, so ye could probably be taught by the same person if ye're both new to it. I'd offer my services (put my 2/3s of a BEd to good use ;)) but I'm not going to be in Limerick 'til next year.

If either of ye are from Clare though, I'd be more than happy to arrange something over the summer. Drop me a PM if this applies to either of ye :D

(Note: I'm not a pro or anything like that, just your basic guitarist looking to help some newbies, so this isn't really an ad or anything. Just looking to help(covering my ass :)))

Well im from Limerick (county) and would be willing to travel to the city over the summer but Clare is a bit too far.

Thanks anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭PonderStibbons

As D4RK Onion says if you're starting from scratch you basically need to learn the same stuff whether you're playing electric or trad - chords, rhythm, scales, stuff like that. I'd happily give either of ye some lessons over the summer if you're interested.

I don't play electric but I play everything from rock to ballads on the acoustic guitar (been playing for about 7 years on and off) I'm not a pro either, but my price would reflect that :) I live in Killaloe but I'll be in UL on a regular basis finishing my MA Thesis so could meet up in either of those places. Send me a PM if you're interested anyway.

Pm sent

• Advertisement
Advertisement