Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

another problem with dell

Options
  • 12-05-2009 3:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭

hello all.

I was wondering if you can advise me on this problem i'm having with dell. my sister purchased a dell M1710 laptop a year and a half ago it still has over a year left of complete care next business day cover and she has asked me can i help her with this problem. the laptop monitor failed 2 weeks ago and they came out and fixed it a few days later. 4 days later the graphics card failed and she can't use the laptop at all now. so i rang dell for her to get a technician out to fix it and they told me i would have to wait 5 weeks to get it repaired. I told them this is unacceptable as i have next business day cover. is their any way i can get them out quicker as this makes a mockery of their next business day cover. I have sent e-mails to them but they have not replied. thanks for any help.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

zenno wrote: »
    hello all.

I was wondering if you can advise me on this problem i'm having with dell. my sister purchased a dell M1710 laptop a year and a half ago it still has over a year left of complete care next business day cover and she has asked me can i help her with this problem. the laptop monitor failed 2 weeks ago and they came out and fixed it a few days later. 4 days later the graphics card failed and she can't use the laptop at all now. so i rang dell for her to get a technician out to fix it and they told me i would have to wait 5 weeks to get it repaired. I told them this is unacceptable as i have next business day cover. is their any way i can get them out quicker as this makes a mockery of their next business day cover. I have sent e-mails to them but they have not replied. thanks for any help.
    write an old fashioned letter to them as this will be read where an email may be ignored, also make a formal complaint to dell, then go through the small claims court for a refund as they have failed to provide you with next business day cover. iwould also seek a rplacement laptop as the one your sister has in probably going to give nothing but trouble now?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭zenno

well i sent an e-mail to a dell executive vice president and he must have sorted it out as a dell technician came out at 10 the next morning with the part all working ok now hope it stays that way. this carry on can sure take it out of ye trying to get dell to get their act together. anyway thanks for the reply foggy_lad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 130 ✭✭catch88

Ive had an M170 since 2004 still ticking along nicely, hope it works out better for your sister this time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭zenno

yep it's a few weeks now and it's running great. she's happy enough with it now. good system allround the sound quality is very good for a laptop

Advertisement