Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Has there ever been a Boards.ie Meetup / Rideout? Want to?

• 12-05-2009 3:43pm
    Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hey guys,

For any of you who are members on any of the other forums, they regularly have meetups and rideouts at the weekends and sometimes during the week too. Last year I went out with the Biker.ie lads loads of times, always great fun.

So i was thinking, has there ever been a Boards.ie biker meetup / rideout? Maybe we should get one going?

Who's on for it?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 106 ✭✭slapper

nah couldnt keep up :pac::pac::pac::pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

There used to be fairly frequent ones back in 2006.

Most of the regulars are over on IBF or Biker now. This forum tends to be full of newbies asking if they can drive this that or the other bike.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,782 ✭✭✭P.C.

Zascar wrote: »
    So i was thinking, has there ever been a Boards.ie biker meetup / rideout? Maybe we should get one going?

Who's on for it?

I think it is a great idea, and would be keen.

Maybee you should start a poll, and let people vote. :)

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

Or just reply to this thread of you are!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,545 ✭✭✭Green_Martian

Zascar wrote: »
    Or just reply to this thread of you are!
    :D

Yeah would be interested in this

• Advertisement

If there was one in Cork I'd probably go.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,868 ✭✭✭Alkers

Never been on one, would be interested if it's not too early in the morning!:p

• Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭DivX

If there was one in Cork I'd probably go.
    +1

or even anywhere in munster ... :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,918 ✭✭✭Steffano2002

:D

Yeah would be interested in this
    I'm in if you're going! Will we go up the Gap? :)

I'm in if you're going! Will we go up the Gap? :)

LOL will you have any thread left on your tyres:D

• Advertisement

LOL will you have any thread left on your tyres:D
    You know me... They'll be bald again I bet you... :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭madrab

im always game

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,828 ✭✭✭unklerosco

I actually came online to start a thread like this.. I'd be up for it, as would my mate but I doub't he could keep up...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,012 ✭✭✭✭GBX

Id be interested ... would this be a Dublin/Leinster Spin .... ill keep up the back on my trusty 125 :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭thehomeofDob

I'm game - just got my full license. So upgrading soon enough :-D

I'm game - just got my full license. So upgrading soon enough :-D

Congrats, i seen you were going for it on biker.ie but didn't know if ya passed well done mate

Cheers.

Just got a new motor in the bros, valves done, carbs cleaned and new iridium plugs, so she might just be able to keep up with some of you nuts :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,109 ✭✭✭sutty

As Ktric said, we used to do ride outs, mainly my-self, Drag, Madrab and Ktric with one or two others. Always good crack

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,469 ✭✭✭weeder

was going to start a thread on this myself soa big +1 from me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 416 ✭✭scudster

+1 for one around Longford/cavan/westmeath/leitrim/roscommon area. For those of you around this area the road from Masonite to Mohill then to Carrigallen and onto Killeshandra and Ballinagh is great fun if ya like the twisties!

• Advertisement

So, when is this expected to happen?

We need to be quite organised with what route we take and where we'll stop to wait for the mopeds (lol).

Who wants to come up with a plan?

Date, Time, Meeting point and a general idea of where we'll be going would be a good first step!

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

When we do the Biker.ie meetups we meet outside Eddie Rockets in Stillorgan at 12pm and head up through Enniskerry to Larragh (Gelndalough) and either do the Sally Gap or the Wicklow Gap. Sometimes go down as far as Rathdrum etc too. I never get tried of that run its always great.

unfortunately I have an incredibly busy time ageah of me for the next many weeks and weekends, but anyone who wants to set a date and maek their own plan please go for it and we'll all do our best to be there!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭madrab

Ill be up for it whenever its organised, just pm me

So, when is this expected to happen?

We need to be quite organised with what route we take and where we'll stop to wait for the mopeds (lol).

Who wants to come up with a plan?

Date, Time, Meeting point and a general idea of where we'll be going would be a good first step!

I think you should:D

I think you should:D
    Nah it's your turn! I already organised one on Biker.ie. You can have a go now!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,201 ✭✭✭KamiKazi

Should have my bike in the next week or two definitely up for one of these :cool:

KamiKazi wrote: »
    Should have my bike in the next week or two definitely up for one of these :cool:
    No way Kami!?! That's great news! What you getting?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,201 ✭✭✭KamiKazi

;) Will be getting this provided the guy that wants to buy my car follows through ;)

Only had a moped before so I think its a decent bike to start on :)

Ah that'll be a cracking bike to start one. Nice bit of poke. As I said I'm game for this, but the bros has a dismal tank range, so lotsa petrol stops!

• Advertisement

KamiKazi wrote: »
    ;) Will be getting this provided the guy that wants to buy my car follows through ;)

Only had a moped before so I think its a decent bike to start on :)
    Savage bike to start on! Good price too! ;)

You "Klu" on Biker.ie?

Advertisement