Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Just A Pilgrim

Options
  • 12-05-2009 3:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭

Anoyone heard of this, came across it randomly in town a tear or back.

Short comic about a cannibal ex marine roaming the now post apocalyptic desert that was the atlantic ocean.

Really great stuff just wonderin if anyone else has heard of it?

Garth Ennis involved in it i think.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 165 ✭✭livingtargets

yeah,haven`t read it yet but I`ve always been meaning to pick it up.
    Carlos Ezquerra (pretty sure I spelt that wrong) does some lovely artwork for it,if I remember.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,788 ✭✭✭ztoical

Haven't read it in ages, first came out in '02 I think and don't think I've read it since then. Ennis and Ezquerra have worked together a couple of times if you enjoyed Just a Pilgrim and are looking for more similar work - they did Bloody Mary in the late 90's and more recently two of the Kev mini series from the Authority plus loads of stuff from Judge Dredd/2000AD.

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭Dr Gradus

Yeh thats the one and i'd be interested in similiar stuff too.... Really was a great little story line. There was a sequel to i spotted in chapters, garden of eden i believe it was called... Equally enjoyable!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 emm32

Dr Gradus wrote: »
    Yeh thats the one and i'd be interested in similiar stuff too.... Really was a great little story line. There was a sequel to i spotted in chapters, garden of eden i believe it was called... Equally enjoyable!

I found that I just liked his (Ennis) style. I have moved on from the hellblazer/punisher "mainstream" comics to stuff I would not have considered years ago, purely because I was confident that if it was written by Ennis, I would like it, and he has not done me wrong yet. I liked "Preacher" and "The Authority" stuff as mentioned below, also "The Pro", and "The Boys" is good, I have just finished "Night Witches" and have just started "The First Flight Of The Phantom Eagle". I have been reading him way back since "For A Few Troubles More" and have always enjoyed his stuff.
    I regulary do a search on play to see whats out by him and order it. There is very little I would buy comics wise any more but I make a point of getting what ever it is he is writing at the minute.
    I think if you like his writing, it does'nt matter who's doing the art work, you will like most if not all of his stuff, regardless of the subject matter.

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭Dr Gradus

Thanks mate, yeh i'll be sure to check out more along the same lines!

• Advertisement
Advertisement