Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Raikkonen to contest another rally

• 12-05-2009 4:07pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,592 ✭✭✭✭

Taken from en.f1-live.com
    Ferrari driver Kimi Raikkonen is set to contest yet another professional rally, his third of the year.

The 2007 F1 World Champion entered two rounds of the Finnish Rally Championship in the winter, driving a Tommi Makinen-prepared Fiat Abarth Grande Punto.

The Finnish media now reports that Raikkonen, currently 13th in the 2009 drivers' championship, will race the same car in the Rally della Marca on the weekend between the forthcoming Monaco and Turkish Grand Prix.
    Click here to find out more!

Taking place in northern Italy's Treviso region, it will be Raikkonen's first asphalt rally.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,160 ✭✭✭De Hipster

Seems his mind is drifting from F1 into alternative forms of Motorsport...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,592 ✭✭✭✭vectra

De Hipster wrote: »
    Seems his mind is drifting from F1 into alternative forms of Motorsport...

Or possibly Ferrari are tuning him into the rally scene in case they pull out of F1 and turn their attentions to Rallying with the "FIAT" brand?

Possability perhaps?

Hmmm, reckon they'd be better placed joining the S2000 brigade in IRC

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,823 ✭✭✭EvilMonkey

vectra wrote: »
    Or possibly Ferrari are tuning him into the rally scene in case they pull out of F1 and turn their attentions to Rallying with the "FIAT" brand?

Possability perhaps?
    Or he just wants to do a rally and Ferrari said thats fine use our car/brand will you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 536 ✭✭✭enzo7

EvilMonkey wrote: »
    Or he just wants to do a rally and Ferrari said thats fine use our car/brand will you.

ya that sounds more likely either way i doubt loeb + co are quakeing in their boots.

• Advertisement

enzo7 wrote: »
    ya that sounds more likely either way i doubt loeb + co are quakeing in their boots.

No-one makes Loeb quake in his boots!

true :D:D.

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭matty55

I think he's lost his motivation for F1 maybe he's considering a career in rallying

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭Chopper888

matty55 wrote: »
    I think he's lost his motivation for F1 maybe he's considering a career in rallying

Totally agree and that's the impression you got from his interview with the BBC pre Spanish GP .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 704 ✭✭✭itarumaa

I think that Fiat is Kimi's own car that he uses and at least in Finland, when he was driving, he was scary fast:) Way better than Häkkinen for instance.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,382 ✭✭✭Fishtits

End of debate. Until SL decides to retire he's the Schumacher of rallying IMHO.

Just an awesome talent, surpasses Sandro Munari, Vatenan, Mikkola, Waldegard, Rohl, McRae, et al by a large margin, and that's saying something.

LIGHTNING wrote: »
    Have you seen that Ari Vatenan hill climb video around Pikes? Its just shocking, just watch this video.

I keep going back to that vid
    absolutley stunning :cool:

his a legend!!! great video.my fav rally driver of all time and i wasnt even born when he won his world title, grew up watching rally videos and was lucky enough to meet him over at the rac a couple of time at the end of his career, the nices rally driver i ever met as well doe tommi makkinen was close 2nd dead nice too. god you will hav on youtube for the eve watching videos:D

loeb is a fantastic talents but he is no way better by a larger margin than mikkola,waldergard,vatenen i bet if they were all rallying now they would give him dame good run for his money and he wouldnt be looking at 6 titles

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,091 ✭✭✭Biro

I think there's a lot to be said about the quality of the Citroen car too, it really is an excellent car. Loeb is outstanding for sure, but it's very hard to compare guys from different eras in different cars and with different competitors.
    Look at the 2007 championship - Gronholm was every bit as quick as Loeb for the season, and was leading the championship till he went off in Ireland. If Loeb was far ahead of everyone ever then Gronholm would have trailed for the whole season.

As for Kimi - interesting if he moves to rallying. I know that with Schumacher he couldn't be seen driving any other brand of car as part of his contract. So anything under the Fiat umbrella is what he was limited to for public appearences. Might be the same with Kimi, not sure.
    Next year the S2000 regulations come into place. We'll see what happens then!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 234 ✭✭hi_sir

no the s2000 regs wont be in next year.M-SPORT are only now building a s2000 and it for costumers as the talk is going now it could be a 1600 turbo unit been used against the n/a 2ltr,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,063 ✭✭✭riemann

Chopper888 wrote: »
    Totally agree and that's the impression you got from his interview with the BBC pre Spanish GP .

I wouldnt read too much into his interviews dude. He doesnt exactly wear his heart on his sleeve.

Couple of pics I "found" of todays shakedown

3567671863_ae6f932581_o.jpg

3567672189_30dec5ae3d_o.jpg

3567673329_3b1fa6cba2_o.jpg

3567672017_460fa98c5b_o.jpg

3567675659_0704f17883_o.jpg

3567672439_78f3f6dca4_o.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,056 ✭✭✭Tragedy

That is one weird looking Punto.

I like it though :pac:

eh its a s2000 punto

Kimmi didnt fare to well in the Tommi Makinen Racing-prepared Punto.he hit a rock and damaged the suspension on the punto heres the aftermath

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NY821NIm9P0

hi_sir wrote: »
    eh its a s2000 punto

Kimmi didnt fare to well in the Tommi Makinen Racing-prepared Punto.he hit a rock and damaged the suspension on the punto heres the aftermath

Fixed that link for you bud ;)

• Advertisement

kind got it there meself not great at the copying and pasting lark at times cheers anyway

hi_sir wrote: »
    kind got it there meself not great at the copying and pasting lark at times cheers anyway

Instead of using the web link button. use the Youtube one ;)

Advertisement