Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Software for once-off live webcast?

Options
  • 12-05-2009 4:38pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭

I'm exploring the possibility of running a once-off live video webcast and was wondering if anyone had any ideas what software or web apps I might use?

I have an account with a hosting company but no server of my own. I assume that for solutions like Flash Media Server you need to organise your own bandwidth and hardware. Are there any services that might be more suited to a once-off broadcast?

What about bandwidth? Streaming from a broadband connection obviously won't cut it.

Budget is limited but I am prepared to pay for a solution.

Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

Why not use something like uStream or Qik?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭Duffman

Just discovered ustream myself actually. Thanks, that's perfect for what I have in mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,386 ✭✭✭EKRIUQ

Or www.justin.tv once registered you can start broadcasting with a ready made audience

Advertisement