Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Africa - where to go?

• 12-05-2009 4:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 15

Hi

I really really want to do some travelling combined with volunteer work in Africa. I have my eye on some volunteering projects in South Africa and Cameroon. I would love to know what countries anyone has been to, where anyone would recommend, how good flights in Africa are pricewise etc. Time isn't an issue. So I suppose I'm just looking to hear about people's general experiences in Africa!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 159 ✭✭LaMer

I've traveled abit in South Africa and Swaziland, and this summer I'm heading to Mozambique via SA and Swaziland again.
    SA is a great place, the roads and public transport are probably about as good as Ireland's (the main roads are better), train system is a little dodgy and because of the size of the country the traveling times can be big. There some decent low cost airlines, kulula, 1time and Mango all are pretty reasonable between the big cities, SAA is more expensive though. There's road links with all surrounding countries, so it can make a good stop off point for exploring Botswana, Namibia, Zimbabwe, etc. Theres also a lot of stuff to do if you take a break from volunteering, top class surfing, kayaking, safaris, etc. The people are all pretty friendly aswell.
    Swaziland is more laid back than SA, pretty rural mostly but some good game watching and the people are very friendly too.

Advertisement