Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Korean SchoolBook Image

• 12-05-2009 4:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭

Hey guys,
    I have a good few images stored on my Flickr account and got a mail today from a Korean schoolbook publishing company asking me if they could use one of my pictures for one of their publications and asked how much would I charge them to use it?
    What is common practice? If its merely nominal ill let them use it away but if there is a market here ill give them a quote?

If anyone has any advice it would be much appreciated.
    Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,547 ✭✭✭City-Exile

Do they want the rights to the image?
    How many copies do they intend to print and is the book for profit?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭buccsboyo

They said they want to use it as a content page and will be the full page size.
    Itll be for profit alright. I checked out their site and they are a pretty big operation going for 30 years. Didn't say how many but they claim to be the biggest producer of English education books in Korea. Didn't mention about the rights but don't think so just the use of it

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,585 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

Was it a picture of a dog and is it a cooking school that's interested by any chance?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭buccsboyo

no its actually a holiday pic of a concert hall and I think there an English education company??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,547 ✭✭✭City-Exile

It's a tough one.
    I charged €250 for an image used on promotional material.
    This is a whole lot different though.

• Advertisement
Advertisement