Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need for find a suitable printers...please help!

Options
  • 12-05-2009 5:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭

Hey..(sorry about the mispelled title)

Does anyone know where I can get a certain project printed out? I'm getting a vinyl design done (12" x 12") and Im trying to find a printers who print on 250 gram (and higher) card. Vinyl covers usually are printed on good card, and I'm trying to find the closest alternative.

I've rang around a few places and they can do it, but only on a limited size.

Reads do it but only to a3 size. Does anyone know a place whereby I can get my work printed out on 250 gram or heavier paper, preferably one that comes off a roll and not single sheets?..

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 552 ✭✭✭Hank_Scorpio

What quantity are you looking for?

Usually web press (from a roll) is quite expensive and usually just for long runs.

Sheetfed would be your best bet, which would be most printers from the yellow pages would be able to print this for you.

And I don't think 250gsm would be heavy enough, go for 350gsm.

You might look at some litho printing studios or perhaps some flexo printing studios, flexo might be your best option as most are aimed towards packaging.

Flexo and litho are just different printing methods.

But if your quantity is quite low (1-500) then digital would be your best bet, but I'm not sure if they can take over 250gsm.

If it's between 500 and say 5,000 then litho or flexo would be best.

Anything more than that you're better off finding a web printer to take on the job.

Digital is cheaper once you stay under around 500 or so.

Digital and litho/flexo would cost around the same once you go above 500 in quantity, but the litho/flexo is a much nicer finish.

Prices vary though.

As I said at the start, pick up the yellow pages and start calling some local printing companies and get quotes from whoever is willing to do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,119 ✭✭✭p

If you still need help, i'd suggest posting on Creative Ireland.

Advertisement