Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

First site, total noob.

Options
  • 12-05-2009 6:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,523 ✭✭✭✭

OK, ive been blogging for a while, and have been tweaking and messing around with a blog on wordpress.
    Won digiweb hosting (awesome :D) and now have a site to build. got my domain, everything is ready to go...

Open up Website builder, and its all a little confusing.

Basically what i wanted was :

1) A home page (simple as anything, just a nice looking page, welcome message, maybe a nice tidy twitter box in the corner, logo at the top).
    Wanted it to be the first page so basically - NerinOnline.com

2) My Blog- the blog i have @ nerin.wordpress.com. Want that to be page two, or appear as - NerinOnline.com/Blog

then after that a page or two of random things, depending on where the site goes.

Any advice?

(apologies in advance for being oh so very noobish)

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Maybe consider installing wordpress directly on your own hosting and using it as a staic site with a blog. That way you can have your homepage as you want and then the blog aswell. You will need a database, not sure if that was included in your hosting prize?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,523 ✭✭✭✭Nerin

ive been playing around with html (and failing)...

i won this .
    says ive databases

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Cool..then you will be able to install wordpress for yourself using that and go from there.

Sent you a pm with some help on getting it organised.

Can't thank Axwell enough for giving me so much help,and doing so much work. Thank you. You rock.

Can't thank Axwell enough for giving me so much help,and doing so much work. Thank you. You rock.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,119 ✭✭✭p

FYI a really great book on Intro to HTML is 'Heads First XHTML & CSS' - it teaching you everything from scratch in a really easy, digestable manner.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭shoutman

I've been making my way through this site http://www.w3schools.com/

Have to say I find the tutorials very good. Just moving onto CSS now.

Advertisement