Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Soundbar Surround Sound

• 12-05-2009 6:41pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭

Just bought a Phillips Soundbar (HTS6100) and I'm wondering how to get the best sound out of it. Haven't a clue about sound systems or surround sound or amps so I'm here for help:D:D

There is one coaxial imput and 3 RCA inputs on the soundbar. So, if I throw a blu-ray into the PS3 how do I get it in surround sound? (I know the soundbars aren't true surround sound but I mean virtual surround or whatever its called).

Would I need an optical cable from the PS3 to a optical-coaxial converter and then into the soundbars subwoofer? Or can I just put the audio (along with video) from the PS3 to the TV via HDMI, and then from the TV's audio out to the soundvar via RCA cables?

Does that make sense? As I've mentioned, clueless about this stuff but any helps appreciated. :) Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,542 ✭✭✭Captain Darling

If you attach the wotsit to the fandango and then stick it in the gicker, all will be ok.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,109 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

I think this is the right place.

Moved from after hours.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭Burning Eclipse

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=866

Go there... All will be revealed.

Edit: the almighty moves quickly...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭Conor108

:D:D:D Coulda sworn I posted it in HE Audio

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,542 ✭✭✭Captain Darling

Conor108 wrote: »
    :D:D:D Coulda sworn I posted it in HE Audio
    Did my advice not work??

Only kidding, hope you get it sorted! :D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,109 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Conor108 wrote: »
    Would I need an optical cable from the PS3 to a optical-coaxial converter and then into the soundbars subwoofer? Or can I just put the audio (along with video) from the PS3 to the TV via HDMI, and then from the TV's audio out to the soundvar via RCA cables?

I probably should have read the thread before moving it. Either of those two options should work fine.

Advertisement