Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Sportsco Pool, South Lotts Rd

• 12-05-2009 7:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭

Hi all, I have finally given up om gym membership, I only joined to use the pool however the pool set up has just been getting worse and worse. They have 2 lanes marked off for swimming and these maybe used by people walking up and down the pool, people who swim 1 length and then do stretches (taking up the whole wall area) or generally people who flap about or do that swimming side ways thing with their legs going everywhere. I'm no expert but I like to be able to swim without this type of messing. The gym refused to do anything about the the designated swim lanes so I left, I'm thinking of joining the Sportsco centre for the pool there as I think they have lane swims that are speed graded.
    Please don't take my view as being that of an elitist, its just annoying when you take the time to go to the pool and the swim lanes are full of people walking or flapping about and the rest of the pool is given over to kids lessons. All I want to do is bang out 50 or so lengths in relative peace? So is the Sportsco pool worth a try?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 165 ✭✭mcdonrob

I would say this will be a problem in every pool to a greater or lesser degree.

You have 2 options
    1. Some pools have dedicated lanes sessions where the entire pool is given over to lane swimming. This would mean you could avoid the "bus lane".
    2. I find early morning works best 6am-8am. At this time you're much more likely to find like minded people (I don't necessarily mean fast but at least they'll understand lane etiquette).
    Also those that faff about are less likely to get up 1 or 2 hours earlier in the morning to do so.

If I were you I'd look for early morning lane sessions, ie. avoid the problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭melbourne

Thanks mcdonrob, I know what you mean about the early starts, its usually the best time to do anything whether its driving, shopping or swimming. My schedule had up until recently been too busy to allow an early swim but that has since changed and I may hold off on canceling the gym membership. I suppose if you just get a bad day and compound it by a few inconsiderate people when your trying to unwind in the pool things are not going to get any better. The gym has zero rules for the pool but I might suggest that they put some in place, regards, M.

Advertisement