Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dept is contesting a sick note?

2»

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,807 ✭✭✭castie

If a lecturer sets a deadline and does not punish student A for missing said deadline without permission then student B who handed in their work on time can actually appeal to the exam board for unfair practise against them.
    Rare but was done by a guy in my class in UCC and he won, he had a bad assignment grade and barely passed end of year exam so failed it overall. The exam board nulled the assignment and gave 100% wait to end of year exam.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,081 ✭✭✭LeixlipRed

Deadlines are a part of life. And by not enforcing them you're introducing an imbalance into the system. For example, If I let students hand up assignments late then they could just get a complete solution from another student who comes to class or some such.Which is completely unfair. I'm not a total prick about it obviously, the majority of students who hand in assignments late to me would get away with it assuming they actually bother to give me an excuse. But I make it clear that if it happens again I wont correct it. And it never does normally.

Advertisement