Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Problem with Lodgement

Options
  • 12-05-2009 7:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

hey guys,

I'm looking for a bit of advice:

rent was due 30th april.

went to counter in BOI to make lodgement, handed her slip with a/c details and confirmed the name of the landlady. the account details i provided her were correct cos it was used before and taken from the same sheet.

i got a call from the landlady on the 5th may to say that it wasnt recieved but i told her i had paid it, she said grand, but said she wasnt able to see it online.

today she called me again to say that she still hasnt recieved it.
    i have torn the place apart looking for the reciept but i cant find it anywhere.

what can i do to get the money into my landladys a/c ASAP? what will BOI do for me and has anyone ever experience something like this before? what happened? i know the exact time and date of it being lodged as well.

thanks a million guys, i'm so stressed cos of this. i need to talk to BOI tomorrow first thing. what should i say or ask for?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,650 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

hey guys,

I'm looking for a bit of advice:

rent was due 30th april.

went to counter in BOI to make lodgement, handed her slip with a/c details and confirmed the name of the landlady. the account details i provided her were correct cos it was used before and taken from the same sheet.

i got a call from the landlady on the 5th may to say that it wasnt recieved but i told her i had paid it, she said grand, but said she wasnt able to see it online.

today she called me again to say that she still hasnt recieved it.
    i have torn the place apart looking for the reciept but i cant find it anywhere.

what can i do to get the money into my landladys a/c ASAP? what will BOI do for me and has anyone ever experience something like this before? what happened? i know the exact time and date of it being lodged as well.

thanks a million guys, i'm so stressed cos of this. i need to talk to BOI tomorrow first thing. what should i say or ask for?

If you go back to the branch, they might be able to help, but without the actual receipt they are well with their rights to refuse to talk to you, data proection and all that..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 637 ✭✭✭Lizzykins

You should go back to the branch and give them all the details,amount,time and account number of lodgement and there should be no reason they would not trace it for you. I worked for B of I a number of years back and we were asked to trace lodgements like this a fair bit of the time. After all you are not looking for account balances or anything just where did the money go? As far as I know lodgements are instant within the B of I system and if you had given a wrong account number it would not have gone through. If it was to another bank then B of I wouldn't know account number was incorrect. Easy to transcribe a number incorrectly. I do it myself very often. Let us know how you get on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 SkinniColin

Thanks Lizzykins,

I went to the BOI branch and it was fine, they printed me a copy of the lodgement slip and told me it was put into the account- the girl at the counter just forgot to put a reference on it and my lanlord didnt manage to put 2 and 2 together!

aw, such a relief- it was all sorted so quick;y and i was expecting major drama!

thanks again
    sC

• Closed Accounts Posts: 637 ✭✭✭Lizzykins

Glad to hear you got sorted!

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

There 2 year ago my gf went and lodged 17grand(giro) quick lodge from aib to an ulster bank a/c... it was for a car she had bought off off her brother in law.. long story cut short he never got the money and the ammount of time wait big investigation into where the money had went to. she had to go down lots of times and was never really getting any answers. her brother in law needed the moeny as he gave her the car ya know and needed it for the business took over 3 months for them to "track" it,
    also got compensated 3grand for the troubles and that..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭vector

... the girl at the counter just forgot to put a reference on it...

I was about to suggest that. BOI lodgement dockets do not have a space for a narrative/reference that is to appear on the receivers statement. This could be a sly move by BOI to discourage counter/paper lodgements?

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,919 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

vector wrote: »
    I was about to suggest that. BOI lodgement dockets do not have a space for a narrative/reference that is to appear on the receivers statement. This could be a sly move by BOI to discourage counter/paper lodgements?

No, it's to prevent people from lodging cash into their own accounts and making it look like there's a salary mandated, among other things.

• Registered Users Posts: 750 ✭✭✭broker2008

Toots* wrote: »
    No, it's to prevent people from lodging cash into their own accounts and making it look like there's a salary mandated, among other things.

Ah that makes sense I always wondered why that was. AIB allow you to put narrative on 24hr banking.

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,919 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

You can do it with the online banking, when you set up your beneficiary you can choose what shows up on their account. It's just paper credits that they won't allow references. In all fairness, the cashier in question should have told the OP this at the time.

Advertisement