Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Whats the best online tutorials for Photoshop?

Options
  • 12-05-2009 7:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭

Basically downloaded Photoshop 7 for my apple mac a year ago and trying to find out how to use it now. Was just wondering where would be the best place for tutorials. Wanna make logo designs and posters for the band I'm in and I'm totally lost with Photoshop.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,119 ✭✭✭p

psdtuts.com is great.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭ErinGoBrath

• Registered Users Posts: 2,164 ✭✭✭hobochris

http://www.tutorialized.com/ <-- is a great site for many different tutorials including photoshop.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭im...LOST

+1 for Psdtuts.com

• Registered Users Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭Deliverance

Basically downloaded Photoshop 7 for my apple mac a year ago and trying to find out how to use it now. Was just wondering where would be the best place for tutorials. Wanna make logo designs and posters for the band I'm in and I'm totally lost with Photoshop.

Lynda.com does the biz from beginners to intermediate training. Highly recommend it. Word of advice that I can offer is that... you should concentrate on how the layers work and how to create a new document for web or print.

To start you off... open photoshop goto... file/new/ create a new document... settings for print should be 300dpi (for web it is 72dpi).

Start from there and possibly do some starter tutes on how to use layers. How to export (save) documents for print.

best tip of all is save back ups of your work using 'save as' so that you don't end up making drastic changes that you might regret.

• Advertisement
Advertisement