Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Patios and weeds

Options
  • 12-05-2009 7:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 18,515 ✭✭✭✭

Our patio is made of Indian sandstone and the gaps between the slabs were filled with sand originally. Needless to say weeds are a pain in the ass. Is it possible to fill the gaps with some kind of cement?

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

Yes , you cand sand and cement between the gaps but the weeds will most likely return .You could try putting a stong weedkiller down before cementing or on a hot dry summers day , put some petrol /paraffin oil down ,wait till it drys then blow tourch the weeds out .

Only thing is gust of wind tends to blow the flame toch out .;)

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭JohnButler

Hi,

rompox is the best stuff for filling joints. Sets like a rock and is very easy to work with.

You shouldnt have any trouble with weeds using this stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,515 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

Thanks for the suggestions, I got it into my head that the gaps were needed for expansion or something. Sounds good, I'm water blasting them at the moment to get the moss and weeds out. Will probably add some weedkiller to finish the job.

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

Advertisement