Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ECO Reopening

Options
  • 12-05-2009 7:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭

Heard today that ECO that used to be on main street in gorey is opening where the Steakhouse (I think that's what is called) is now. Anyone hear anything about this. IMO The best restaurant Gorey has ever had and hope it's true.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 702 ✭✭✭wreckless

its true,

will be open in the next 6 weeks hopefully. Your correct, the steakout restaurant at the top of town, beside sorentos chipper ( the old golden dragon chinese restaurant)

they closed a couple of years back as when their rent lease for 5 yrs ran out the landlord biatch doubled it and forced them to close. :mad:

they have been trying to open somewhere else for a long time now and all my firends and I cannot wait.

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭MrPreachan

Excellent News!!

My PI skills have led me to believe that ECO will open on the 16th of July, though apparently for friends that night, come on Dave ffs get the finger out I'm starving!!:p:)

lol :D

the whole towns bellies are grumbling...

love the job he did on the gable end, painting it and the signage looks the business

• Registered Users Posts: 631 ✭✭✭moretothegirl

wreckless wrote: »
    lol :D

the whole towns bellies are grumbling...

love the job he did on the gable end, painting it and the signage looks the business

lol its so funny the way the entire town is just waiting for it to open! it comes up in practically every conversation! last week the big news was the signs that had been erected! i have literally been driving by it every day for weeks now trying to get a glance inside! there is bound to be one mighty queue once it opens up for business!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,173 ✭✭✭lolli

Glad that ECO is coming back. Always was a lovely place. Only went to the steak house once and they gave me cold pasta so I never went back again.

Tuesday 21st now

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 3,584 Mod ✭✭✭✭St Senan

I set up a 50" plasma their today Yeah it's defiantly opening on Tuesday 21st

scaller wrote: »
    I set up a 50" plasma their today Yeah it's defiantly opening on Tuesday 21st

ah man this is killing me!!! its the most highly anticipated opening iv ever experienced!!! im getting sooo hungry thinking about it!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭marlie2005

Is it open yet ?. Have been keeping an eye on things and it's doesn't seem to be.. Well not for lunch yet anyway.. No menu's up outside ,though there is a sign..

Does anyone know any more ?

• Advertisement

Hi, We reopen in Gorey next tues @ 12.00. Thanks for the blog
    thats great. the phone line should be active tomorrow 053 94 21 100.
    hope to see you soon
    dave.

Email from the boss today. So next Tuesday!

MrPreachan wrote: »
    Hi, We reopen in Gorey next tues @ 12.00. Thanks for the blog
    thats great. the phone line should be active tomorrow 053 94 21 100.
    hope to see you soon
    dave.

Email from the boss today. So next Tuesday!

oh man the suspense is driving me mad

Well is it open yet ???

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭wexican

marlie2005 wrote: »
    Well is it open yet ???

nope. drove past it at both lunch time and bout 5pm and door as firmly shut.

wexican wrote: »
    nope. drove past it at both lunch time and bout 5pm and door as firmly shut.

i drove past it tonight and it was definitely open and looked busy inside also

Lolli..message seems to have been removed but I'm not in anyway affiliated with ECO, apart from dying to eat there..

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭wexican

i drove past it tonight and it was definitely open and looked busy inside also

Possibly opened in the evening so.

Pity, I would've like to pop in for lunch.

give them a call here

05394 21100

opened last night alright.

Woohoo was in there today for lunch, oh God I missed it !! Was still as yummy as I remember and the prices still very good !! Reopened yesterday and the waitress said they have been hectic !!

Woohoo was in there today for lunch, oh God I missed it !! Was still as yummy as I remember and the prices still very good !! Reopened yesterday and the waitress said they have been hectic !!

is the menu still the same???

• Advertisement

yeah the menu seems to be the same, with the great mixture of salads they always did!!

yeah the menu seems to be the same, with the great mixture of salads they always did!!

spicy chicken pannina yes please :D

Finally made it, dinner last Friday and lunch Sat, same as ever, left stuffed with cash in my pocket! Cannot recommend this place enough. 10/10
    Edit..9/10..bring back the smoked salmon and cream cheese wraps!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 Mrs Stig

MrPreachan wrote: »
    Finally made it, dinner last Friday and lunch Sat, same as ever, left stuffed with cash in my pocket! Cannot recommend this place enough. 10/10
    Edit..9/10..bring back the smoked salmon and cream cheese wraps!!

And the bread sticks and olives at the start of the meal!!!

Advertisement