Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

tesco Douglas Cork

• 12-05-2009 8:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭

Everything in the old tesco in douglas is half price. It is all the non perishable goods.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 189 ✭✭denat

Everything in the old tesco in douglas is half price. It is all the non perishable goods.

Is this the place where they've changed employees' conditions of employment, without consultation, on the pretext that a new store on the same site creates a new contract of employment?

If so, I wouldn't take the stuff if it was free.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

denat wrote: »
    Is this the place where they've changed employees' conditions of employment, without consultation, on the pretext that a new store on the same site creates a new contract of employment?

If so, I wouldn't take the stuff if it was free.

You must be loaded!!!

Thanks OP! Denat take your rant somewhere else this is Bargain alerts!!!!:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 189 ✭✭denat

Hogzy wrote: »
    You must be loaded!!!

Thanks OP! Denat take your rant somewhere else this is Bargain alerts!!!!:mad:

I choose to get my bargains by shrewd dealing - not at the blatant expense of workers. Neither do I take orders from the likes of you.

End of my contribution to this thread.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,926 ✭✭✭Soarer

Sorted!

Thanks OP!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭54kroc

I choose to get my bargains by shrewd dealing - not at the blatant expense of workers. Neither do I take orders from the likes of you.

Why not make it the end of your contribution to boards as well.

Thanks op

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭buckrodgers

If people stop shopping there those workers wont have any jobs at all.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

If people stop shopping there those workers wont have any jobs at all.
    If people stop shopping there they'll shop somewhere else, creating jobs for them somewhere else. Think beyond the first pawn for feck's sake.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,686 ✭✭✭Kersmash

Eh lads, that issues been resolved. They got to keep their old terms and conditions.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,939 ✭✭✭maxwell smart

What time does it close at? Or open at in the morning if it is closed!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 425 ✭✭clickhere

Thanks Kersmash, have the company backed down.

• Advertisement

Yup, Tesco caved, the employees won.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,418 ✭✭✭Jip

No, it's the place where they asked the pre 96 employees if they could buy them out of their current contracts and have them move to the same terms and condtions as every other regular employee of the company.

Has a final solution been arrived at, I thought it had just been referred back to the labour court ?

According to one of the checkout ladies I know, Tesco gave them their old T&Cs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,625 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

It's still with the Labour Relation Commission as far as I know.
    But staff are back at work in the new store.

Keep an eye on this store for some serious bargains, think it's due to be cleared of fixtures early next week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭Topmanager

wmpdd3 wrote: »
    It's still with the Labour Relation Commission as far as I know.
    But staff are back at work in the new store.

Thats correct.Here is a link from the mandate website.

http://www.mandate.ie/News/NewsItem.aspx?nid=56&ntype=5

Advertisement