Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A shop about to close, and bullying

Options
  • 12-05-2009 9:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Hi
    Work for a shop in Ireland and of late am finding it very difficult and at times intimidating to work there with the managers and most of the other staff are feeling the same. The manager and ASSistant manager do there own thing and one tells you one thing and the other something completely different and at times do not have a clue what there doing yet myself and others are getting the blame for it. The company have introduced a new customer service thing and basically the managers are using this against us and have been told that we are going to loose our jobs and that the shop could shut if we did not all play ball could this be correct? One of the managers is a bully but most are scared to say anything we do not have a union as the company doesnt recognise them what should we do? Please help

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,050 ✭✭✭axel rose

Hey, I sense your frustration ut I think that there is a lot of identifying information on your post.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

This is the kind of pressure all people in retail are under and if your feeling it on the shop floor you can bet your last dollar the managers and area manager are feeling it too.

Go to your CIA rep and get them to bridge the issues with management. he/she will show you how to word your issues, so you can be taken seriously by management.

But honestly press the edit button on the bottom right of your post and delete the store name and location of your place of work.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Probably not the smartest move posting under what appears to be your real name and telling everyone where you work.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,322 ✭✭✭Hitchhiker's Guide to...

for your own sake, i'm going to lock this thread

EDIT: Reopened, but i've deleted the identifying information for your own sake

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement