Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Why don't men approach women?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭BumbleB

but, in fairness, it has 2 be said that most Irish fellas are very disrespectful and verbally abusive towards Irish females- especially when they have a few drinks on them.

Thats a very broad generalisation.Where do you get your stats ?.:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭97i9y3941

theres ignorant men everywhere! its human nature!,theres loud mouthed women too dont forget that!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭MrMojoRisin

BumbleB wrote: »
    Thats a very broad generalisation.Where do you get your stats ?.:confused:

No stats, I just know and have spoken to an awful lof of women who have said that. And no,they arent stuck-up,slutty, immature,cold-hearted cows

Fred83 wrote: »
    theres ignorant men everywhere! its human nature!,theres loud mouthed women too dont forget that!

ah sure I know,I havent forgotten that at all. But women are still da fairer sex (at least most of them are that I know) and a more gentle, respectful approach works best w/ them (the non rowdy, non-stuck-up ones).

Eve_Dublin wrote: »
    I pinched this link from another forum that was posted up today...thought it would be of some interest...

http://www.tribune.ie/sport/hurling/article/2009/may/24/power-of-the-pull/

This guy believes he has it sussed...personally I hate the idea that i'm something to be "pulled" just because I'm a "beautiful woman" (default Irish disclaimer...I don't think I'm a beautiful woman). What's it all about, eh? This is all very disheartening, even reading some the comments from people here. It's all so over-analysed, generalised, cold and calculated. Are we as humans THAT predictable?

I cringe at this stuff ,it reduces the whole male /female dynamic to merely a sport .Utterly horrible american b/s.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,398 ✭✭✭MIN2511

Another night in our fair city...
    My friend and i had a girlie night out last night. I haven't seen her this yr. So we were at a popular club/bar. Sitting down yapping away, she's not single btw. First group of lads to approach us had gf's and where looking for one night stands(after chatting for 10mins, one of the lads fessed up). Next group were stoned & coked out, then the next group where very young. In fairness now, we were not looking at men. It was more like catching up...

Another day another dollar!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,550 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

MIN2511 wrote: »
    I understand most of this but at the end of the day i don't see why it is still an issue. There are loads of single, nice, easy going people who just want to have fun, live and let live. It's not like it's Rock science or anything...

Like geology? :pac:

I brushed off a girl who approached me and asked for a dance a few years back. Now, as it was, I was in the heavy section of Bruxelles where there is no dance floor and my ex was there too, so nothing was going to happen, but I made the lamest 'I'm busy drinking my pint' excuse. I felt horrible afterwards, and while I was surprised and a little too far into the drinking to come up with a better excuse - I'm not the sharpest tool in the shed - I couldn't help but feel guilty afterwards. I have never been so abrupt since; I don't find it easy to treat people like $hit and I would imagine that anyone who does has lost something important. It's a learning experience.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 232 ✭✭DTrotter

To understand Irish women men should look to an average Irish lady like Amanda Brunker who seems to represent modern Ireland, especially the edgy, sassy and sophisticated female side

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭NickNolte

DTrotter wrote: »
    edgy, sassy and sophisticated

Pretentious?

• Advertisement

NickNolte wrote: »
    Pretentious?

Amanda Brunker pretentious, NEVER?
    Anyone else think that Irish women have bought into the "celebrity" culture an awful lot?

To understand Irish women men should look to an average Irish lady like Amanda Brunker who seems to represent modern Ireland, especially the edgy, sassy and sophisticated female side

what ?, she's an airhead !.An absolute head melter and I pity the guy who shacked up with her.

I think Irish (and all worldwide ) women have bought into that kind of unreal world of the hills etc.

Like catherine zeta jones used to have a thick welsh accent and then she went to LA wanted to be a socialite and ditched it straight away.

All our heritage is being erased by cheesy influences like DKNY ,burberryand all that s**t .F**k all people can speak Irish now and it's a shame.Nobody cares about past history .If our forefathers came back and seen what has happened to this country I'm almost sure they would be disgusted .

what ?, she's an airhead !.An absolute head melter and I pity the guy who shacked up with her.

I think Irish (and all worldwide ) women have bought into that kind of unreal world of the hills etc.

Like catherine zeta jones used to have a thick welsh accent and then she went to LA wanted to be a socialite and ditched it straight away.

All our heritage is being erased by cheesy influences like DKNY ,burberryand all that s**t .F**k all people can speak Irish now and it's a shame.Nobody cares about past history .If our forefathers came back and seen what has happened to this country I'm almost sure they would be disgusted .

That post was pure and utter sarcasm, cannot stand the wagon and everything she and the other shallow morons in her ilk stand for. You're right, Irish culture is going down the drain, but that's probably the Poles fault too (sarcasm again).

That post was pure and utter sarcasm, cannot stand the wagon and everything she and the other shallow morons in her ilk stand for. You're right, Irish culture is going down the drain, but that's probably the Poles fault too (sarcasm again).

cool , even the poles realise this too that irish are turning their back on their culture in favour of the new pseudoculture of pure pretentiousness .I had this exact convo withn two polish girls last w/e.The poles have a rich culture which they are proud of.

The fact that the only guys that approach her are drunken, leery scumbags speaks volumes.

How is that a "fact"? I don't recall saying "the only guys that approach her are drunken, leery scumbags". Where did I say that??? I said she gets verbal abuse from pricks in broad daylight as shes going down the street either on her way to work or from work. Or do u live in a place in Ireland where it's commonplace for drunken, leery scumbags to be on the piss and pull at 7-8am and 5-6pm???? Look I think u should give it a rest pretending u know my own sister and posting very intelligent assumptions of what her character is like because u seriously don't have the foggiest clue about what you're talking about.

How is that a "fact"? I don't recall saying "the only guys that approach her are drunken, leery scumbags". Where did I say that??? I said she gets verbal abuse from pricks in broad daylight as shes going down the street either on her way to work or from work. Or do u live in a place in Ireland where it's commonplace for drunken, leery scumbags to be on the piss and pull at 7-8am and 5-6pm???? Look I think u should give it a rest pretending u know my own sister and posting very intelligent assumptions of what her character is like because u seriously don't have the foggiest clue about what you're talking about.

Pffft. What you said was, and I quote:
    most Irish fellas are very disrespectful and verbally abusive towards Irish females

Do you include yourself and your male friends and family members in that? Whatever about your sister, it seems your world view is bitter and twisted.

• Advertisement

Pffft. What you said was, and I quote...
    that's right, exactly. But where is that previous quote from me saying how my sis attracts only drunken, leery scumbags?? Find that for me please, will u?

Do you include yourself and your male friends and family members in that?

Use your logic. I wouldnt be on here defending females such as my sis if I was a prick towards women n my daily life, and I wouldnt be friends with any bloke who behaved like that either. My male friends and family members aren't any of your business,in any case.
    Whatever about your sister, it seems your world view is bitter and twisted.
    Oh, there's nothing askew with my world view but cheers for your charitable concern.

Oh, there's nothing askew with my world view but cheers for your charitable concern.

No, you just think most Irish men are abusive towards women. If you really believe that then your view of the world is twisted.

No, you just think most Irish men are abusive towards women. If you really believe that then your view of the world is twisted.

YOU DO NOT TELL ME WHAT MY WORLD VIEW IS because YOU DO NOT KNOW ME and you will never know me. A world view encompasses much, much, much more than how a person thinks a nation's men behave towards women.

YOU DO NOT TELL ME WHAT MY WORLD VIEW IS because YOU DO NOT KNOW ME and you will never know me. A world view encompasses much, much, much more than how a person thinks a nation's men behave towards women.

Didn't Afred Hitchcock make a movie about you once? Norman?

Yeah, Your view is definetely skewed alright. Its highly offensive to come on here and declare most Irish guys are drunken leery scumbags and it is a misappropiation of the truth.No person of either sex would denounce their own .All people have different experiences with other people ,so many men come on here and bash women for their rude behaviour towards men ,well tbh it's only happened to me twice ever ,the last being(last weekend) .I've seen it happen to other people but I wouldn't hold the viewpoint that most women are like this.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,271 ✭✭✭irish_bob

i like amanda brunker and while she plays the dumb blonde persona up for all its worth , i think shes very smart, like many men , i much perfer the marilyn approach than the kathryn hepburn style

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 Bunnie

Listen lads,

Us girls all love a bit of attention on a night out, but really, assess the situation first. I was chatting in a bar with my 2 mates the other night about one of their mothers who had recently died. We were outside in a quiet area at the front smoking section when some total looser burst into the conversation with "how're ye girls?" I was disgusted.

We are friendly chatty sociable girls, but this dick decided he was great, we politely told him "we're fine" that's all, but he took this as his invitation to enter the conversation. We literally told him that it was a private conversation, and he promptly told us we were bitches.... except for the one with the nice smile.

Seriously, don't be so arrogent as to think all people should bow at your presence, most importantly, don't be too drunk. Biggest put off of all time. Also, if we're not laughing and joking, there might just be an intelligent conversation at hand. If you do want to chat up a group of hot girls, check back later, we could have moved on to spotting the hot guys by then!

Yeah, Your view is definetely skewed alright. Its highly offensive to come on here and declare most Irish guys are drunken leery scumbags and it is a misappropiation of the truth.No person of either sex would denounce their own. All people have different experiences with other people ,so many men come on here and bash women for their rude behaviour towards men ,well tbh it's only happened to me twice ever ,the last being(last weekend) .I've seen it happen to other people but I wouldn't hold the viewpoint that most women are like this.

Nah, my view is just fine, thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,265 ✭✭✭MiCr0

no more personal comments or i'll start banning people

Bunnie wrote: »
    Us girls all love a bit of attention on a night out, but really, assess the situation first. I was chatting in a bar with my 2 mates the other night about one of their mothers who had recently died. We were outside in a quiet area at the front smoking section when some total looser burst into the conversation with "how're ye girls?" I was disgusted.

How in the name of Christ was he supposed to know you were talking about your friend's dead mother? And what makes him a 'total loser' by the way? He called you a bitch, I can only imagine, because you behaved extremely bitchy towards him. You're a perfect example of why, as the thread suggests, 'men don't approach women'. Well, not the genuine, self-respecting ones anyway.

Listen lads,

He was a total looser.

We are hot girls, , we could have moved on to spotting the hot guys by then!
    :)

This is all I read from your post.

Bunnie should have just wrote this .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 717 ✭✭✭Porkpie

I see why women don't want drunken men chatting them up. I put my hands up and admit I've said some stupid things to women before when hammered. I remember once approaching 2 girls, asking them for a light, when they didn't have one, I just pulled mine out of my pocket (lighter that is:D) and said "ah that was just an excuse to talk to ye, I have my own light after all". I cringe when I think back on moments like that, even if they are funny! I suppose when I get drunk I get a little hyper and am a bit of a joker. But no matter what state I'm in I would never be rude or disrespectful to women. I suppose when I get p1ssed I don't really care anyway, but if I seriously want to attract women I should have the balls to chat them up but remain sober - not an easy job!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭97i9y3941

the lovely girls competition!

Eh, NickNolte, My first sentence was ASSESS THE SITUATION FIRST! Do you understand body language? If we are at a bar, and one of the girls is near tears, (it doesn't matter what for) you don't have to be a mind reader, just have a bit of cop on! And no he didn't call ME a bitch. What made him a looser was when we told him of the private conversation, he assumed that any response was a sign to butt in. If you're told straight up leave while your mate apologises for you, and you don't. Thats total qualification of a looser.
    You can't "only imagine" on how we reacted towards him. And all we look for IS actually a "genuine, self-respecting" guy anyway.....
    Now you're getting it!
    Well done.

Eh, NickNolte, My first sentence was ASSESS THE SITUATION FIRST! Do you understand body language? If we are at a bar, and one of the girls is near tears, (it doesn't matter what for) you don't have to be a mind reader, just have a bit of cop on!

You're assuming that he saw your friend crying. On top of that, you never said that she was crying in your first post. You seem to be just peppering your story now.
    And no he didn't call ME a bitch. What made him a looser was when we told him of the private conversation, he assumed that any response was a sign to butt in. If you're told straight up leave while your mate apologises for you, and you don't. Thats total qualification of a looser.

I'd agree. If a guy persists after he's been told to get lost, he's probably a loser. I take it you were polite to him when you explained that it was a private conversation? ;)
    You can't "only imagine" on how we reacted towards him. And all we look for IS actually a "genuine, self-respecting" guy anyway.....

Genuine, self-respecting guys don't chat up girls in pubs because of people like you. So you're subjective abuse of this one "loser" is what's keeping "non-losers" away from you and your kind. Although from the tone of your posts, I'd imagine you'd consider a non-loser to be a good looking guy with nice shoes, a fancy car and a fat wallet. :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

You're assuming that he saw your friend crying. On top of that, you never said that she was crying in your first post. You seem to be just peppering your story now.

I'm not assuming. In my original post I mentioned we were "sitting outside in a QUIET smoking section". Perhaps I should have made it clear that we were the only ones there - no music or anything. Better now? No peppering needed.

I'd agree. If a guy persists after he's been told to get lost, he's probably a loser. I take it you were polite to him when you explained that it was a private conversation? ;)

Genuine, self-respecting guys don't chat up girls in pubs because of people like you. So you're subjective abuse of this one "loser" is what's keeping "non-losers" away from you and your kind. Although from the tone of your posts, I'd imagine you'd consider a non-loser to be a good looking guy with nice shoes, a fancy car and a fat wallet. :rolleyes:

Please don't "imagine" what I would consider to be a non-looser. Especially with that last good looking, nice shoes, fat wallet remark. In fact he did have nice shoes. As for the fat wallet, he offered to buy us drinks too. Not really what I would use as a guide to his financial status, nor something I would be particularlly interested in anyway. I was only responding to my most recent encounter. Believe me, there have been many more similar occasions. All I mean is, if you're going to approach a girl, or group of girls. Arrogance is out, being hammered is out, and being ignorant because you're not getting anywhere is most definitely OUT!

All I mean is, if you're going to approach a girl, or group of girls. Arrogance is out, being hammered is out, and being ignorant because you're not getting anywhere is most definitely OUT!

I'd agree with that. Unfortunately genuine guys get treated like "losers" by bitchy women on a regular basis as well.

I can assume what I like by the way. Your original post suggests to me that you're not a very nice person. You were ignorant to a guy who wasn't to know what you were talking about and you were "disgusted" by the fact that he dared approach you. You said it yourself. I've made my mind up about you. You'd be a person worth steering well clear of in a bar so, with any luck, you'll get your wish.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,884 ✭✭✭Eve_Dublin

No. They're not.

I think most Irish guys would be happy to hand over any of their damaged, bitter female compatriots to foreign men to be honest.

Right, I don't care if I get banned for this but you're actually p*ssing me off now, Nick. So much for agreeing to disagree. I find the comment above highly insulting and you would not have got away with it if it was directed at an ethnic minority or disabled group. I don't like how you talk about Irish women on an Irish forum knowing that hundreds of Irish women read this is even worse. From your very first post on this thread, you never came across as the kind of guy I waste my breath on but I stupidly did.

You choose to ignore the b***y comments directed at Irish women by Irish men (and some of the comments on here are appalling) but immediately attack any of the few Irish women who do the same and state how this proves how up our own ar*ses we have become. You don't come across well at all. You sound arrogant, pretentious, condescending and bitter and I suggest you take a serious look at your attitude before you continue on your vitriolic rampage against your fellow female citizens because of whatever ex girlfriend broke your heart or whatever the hell is making you so bitter and hateful.

Right, I don't care if I get banned for this but you're actually p*ssing me off now, Nick. So much for agreeing to disagree. I find the comment above highly insulting and you would not have got away with it if it was directed at an ethnic minority or disabled group. I don't like how you talk about Irish women on an Irish forum knowing that hundreds of Irish women read this is even worse. From your very first post on this thread, you never came across as the kind of guy I waste my breath on but I stupidly did.

You choose to ignore the b***y comments directed at Irish women by Irish men (and some of the comments on here are appalling) but immediately attack any of the few Irish women who do the same and state how this proves how up our own ar*ses we have become. You don't come across well at all. You sound arrogant, pretentious, condescending and bitter and I suggest you take a serious look at your attitude before you continue on your vitriolic rampage against your fellow female citizens because of whatever ex girlfriend broke your heart or whatever the hell is making you so bitter and hateful.

Wind your neck in and read the thread in context love. I was talking about one girl who thinks that "most Irish men are disrespectful and abusive towards women".

Wow!
    Is this what this conversation has turned into? Both of ye have just proved why we can't have adult conversations without arguing like children.

It takes two to tango, Irish men and women will always believe there is better than what's infront of them. Truth of the matter is we are humans, have faults and are not perfect. The earlier we start to recognise it the better for us!

Wow!
    Is this what this conversation has turned into? Both of ye have just proved why we can't have adult conversation.

It takes two to tango, Irish men and women will always believe there is better than what's infront of them. Truth of the matter is we are humans, have faults and are not perfect. The earlier we start to recognise it the better for us!

Have you read the build up to this comment, MIN? I've been debating like an adult for about 20 pages of posts now but Nick went too far this time round. There's only so much I will take without defending myself properly. The tone of this debate went down weeks ago with the abuse directed at Irish women that was never picked up on. I've put him on ignore and I'll leave yous to it. He's an a-hole and if that makes me part of the b***y Irish female brigade, then I'm starting to understand WHY this might be his opinion of us.

Wow!
    Is this what this conversation has turned into? Both of ye have just proved why we can't have adult conversation.
    [/COLOR]

You can Min,

It's gas ,after a lengthy truce and 26 pages later Nick and Eve still at it again ,Eve does have some deadly big words .I woudn't like to meet her on a verbal dark corner lol ! .How's the course going Eve ?.

Nick went too far this time round. There's only so much I will take without defending myself properly.

Defend yourself? Are you MrMojoRisin's sister? Don't be so defensive.
    The tone of this debate went down weeks ago with the abuse directed at Irish women that was never picked up on.

I've always maintained that 'bitchy women' were in the minority in Ireland but it was still very widespread and endemic. I stand by that. There's no need for you to whinge about my observations unless you're like that yourself to be honest.
    I've put him on ignore

You seem to have real difficulty with the truth.
    He's an a-hole and if that makes me part of the b***y Irish female brigade, then I'm starting to understand WHY this might be his opinion of us.

Loads upon loads of Irish men think Irish women have turned into bitchy princesses and not all of them are 'a-holes' or misogynists. It's just something that's very noticable. I'm not saying it because I hate women. I'm saying it because I've seen it time and time again. I don't blame you for being angry. It's a sad indictment of modern Ireland. :)

26 pages later Nick and Eve at it again ,Eve does have some deadly big words .I woudn't like to meet her on a verbal dark corner .How's the course going Eve ?.

Marmalade. There's a big word. You corrected my spelling first, you know ;)

• Advertisement

Have you read the build up to this comment, MIN? I've been debating like an adult for about 20 pages of posts now but Nick went too far this time round. There's only so much I will take without defending myself properly. The tone of this debate went down weeks ago with the abuse directed at Irish women that was never picked up on. I've put him on ignore and I'll leave yous to it. He's an a-hole and if that makes me part of the b***y Irish female brigade, then I'm starting to understand WHY this might be his opinion of us.
    I admit i haven't read all 20+pages but i have followed the thread as much as anyone would, there's too much banter between both of you, it's very personal now.

If ye read your posts again, there's loads of repition. At the end of the day, what we say now is not going to change the way people act.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭bigeasyeah

I dont know but I have no problem approaching a woman.Sometimes it works out good,sometimes I get shot down in flames,its part of the fun.
    In my experience though I find most girls have good manners and are talkative.I really dont think there are as many bitchy girls as others make out.
    Sometimes I wonder do some lads call a girl such-and-such just because shes not willing to ride him right there:)

Marmalade. There's a big word. You corrected my spelling first, you know ;)
    this is an even bigger word supercalifragalisticexpialadocious ha ha !:)

I admit i haven't read all 20+pages but i have followed the thread as much as anyone would, there's too much banter between both of you, it's very personal now.

If ye read your posts again, there's loads of repition. At the end of the day, what we say now is not going to change the way people act.

In fairness Min, I'm entitled to banter as much as I like here as you are too....that's the whole point of this website (it kills time at work). I apologise for sabotaging this thread with Nick and for bringing down the tone of the thread with personal comments but I believe he did a long time ago. His comments about Irish women went way, way too far and I took offence to them. They were just plain nasty and uncalled for.

If anyone makes a comment in defence of Irish women, he cuts them down (have a look for yourself). I'm not trying to "change people", I'm merely picking someone up on a comment I took offence to. If you read back on my posts, I'm no where near as vitriolic...my point is I'm anti-generalisations, each person should be taken as they come and there's male and female a-holes in this country but they're in the minority and we should leave them to it. That is all.

I'm anti-generalisations, each person should be taken as they come and there's male and female a-holes in this country but they're in the minority and we should leave them to it. That is all.

Aren't you wonderful. I've repeatedly stated that I refer to a minority, albeit a noticably large number of Irish women. I never claimed "all Irish women are bitches". I simply claimed that bitchy princess syndrome is endemic. Many people would agree with me.

You have now proceeded to call me an asshole. I'm not petty enough to report you but it pretty much says everything there is to say about you. You come on here defending (the minority of) bitchy Irish women and then... the irony.

Aren't you wonderful. I've repeatedly stated that I refer to a minority, albeit a noticably large number of Irish women. I never claimed "all Irish women are bitches". I simply claimed that bitchy princess syndrome is endemic. Many people would agree with me.

You have now proceeded to call me an asshole. I'm not petty enough to report you but it pretty much says everything there is to say about you. You come on here defending (the minority of) bitchy Irish women and then... the irony.

Kettle black. How do I put you on permanent ignore?

• Advertisement

In all fairness I dont agree with you ,there is a lot of really nice girls out there and their all polish (only joking) .if you go up and approach a girl in a niteclub and you find a lot of girls are nasty to you ,then your game obviously isn't obviously very good youre actually making them feel threatened and you need to improve . You need to be able to scope a place out and figure which girls are showing interest you (its easy enough to do) . I dont think Irish guys are very good at that and they have a more kamikaze approach to meeting girls.I think this is where the problem arises really.The guys are approaching the wrong women.

Kettle black.

Great argument.
    How do I put you on permanent ignore?

I thought you already did. I'm sure you'll figure it out :rolleyes:

Great argument.

I thought you already did. I'm sure you'll figure it out :rolleyes:

You're really not worth it. ;)

In all fairness I dont agree with you ,there is a lot of really nice girls out there

I'm not saying there aren't. As I said, I'm talking about a noticable minority of Irish women.
    if you go up and approach a girl in a niteclub and you find a lot of girls are nasty to you ,then your game obviously isn't obviously very good

We're not talking about me. I haven't been on the dating 'game' for a very long time. Although I do have quite a few single friends so it's observation as opposed to bitter experience.
    youre actually making them feel threatened and you need to improve .

Maybe so... if the guy is drunk or aggressive. I've seen plenty of Irish girls humiliate perfectly sober, genuine blokes as well. It depends on the circumstances.
    You need to be able to scope a place out and figure which girls are showing interest you (its easy enough to do) . I dont think Irish guys are very good at that and they have a more kamikaze approach to meeting girls.

Well this is the whole meat of the thread. There seems to be an assumed social dynamic with women where they get to sit there, give off vague, subtle signals and then expect the man to come over and make all the effort, risk the rejection, etc, etc.

Most Irish guys aren't very good at 'scoping the room' because, to a large extent, they can't be arsed anymore. And, let's face it, men generally don't so subtlety. This silly dynamic that women have assumed, coupled with the advent of widespread 'bitchy princess' syndrome, is the reason that many (although not all) Irish men don't approach Irish women. It's just not worth the effort. If the playing field was equal, you can be pretty sure women wouldn't be posting threads, asking "Why don't men approach women?". A thread titled "Why don't women approach men?" would be even more applicable.

I'm not saying there aren't. As I said, I'm talking about a noticable minority of Irish women.
    This silly dynamic that women have assumed, coupled with the advent of widespread 'bitchy princess' syndrome, is the reason that many (although not all) Irish men don't approach Irish women. It's just not worth the effort. If the playing field was equal, you can be pretty sure women wouldn't be posting threads, asking "Why don't men approach women?". A thread titled "Why don't women approach men?" would be even more applicable.

You is only figuratively speaking it's not directed at you.

The playing field isn't equal all over the world this is the age where the women have the power.

Why do you think the whole poxy PUA thing is coming from?.

Most girls give off very subtle signals ,the more stunning a girl is the less likely you are to pick up their signals .If a stunning girl even looks at you for a few seconds thats your cue.You should be able pick out straight away if a girl is into you. A girl that is into you will look at you a totally different way than a girl who is a friend. I'm really cued into this stuff because I gave interviews for years and I can read people straight off the bat.

I mean if a guy goes up to agirl without having assesed the situation he is more likely to be less succesful thats called cold calling in the sales world and even there is a very hard way to make sales.

Women filter out guys.However all people do that ,particularly teenagers filter out anyone over maybe 23 as being "old" .Same with women some guys just don't register on their radar, if this guy tries an approach he is definetly is going to be burned.

I'll give you an example .I was playing a gig in Austin .When i came off stage I went to the bar this beautiful girl came up right beside me dropped her 1 $ tip right in front of me and looked at me, that was her cue.

Coming back to ireland ,Ireland is probably the only place in the world where there is more men to women in every nightspot.

I've been all over Europe and every nightclub and paticularly what is noticeable in Eastern europe and there is far more women in niteclubs than men.The women here are pretty much spoiled for choice so yes they can treat guys like crap if they want to.

Lads seem to think that you just go up to a girl and make a load of small talk crap,its not about that .To really to get a girl to like you you have to draw her into your world.

Bunnie is an great example of why this thread started up here. She calls herself "hot" and the other guy a "loser".Pretty much says it all about that type of mentality really.I bet you she wouldn't even stand out in stockholm.

But really saddens me is the misogyny that seems to be appearing time and time again on the boards. People are much more uptight now,the stress of living in modern Dublin has increased exponentially. To say irish girls have this bitchy princess thing going on is like say polish girls don't have fun or smile. I know polish girls and they are very funny girls and smile a lot so less of the generalisations.

If you see women as the enemy they always will be the enemy .What the thinker thinks the prover proves .I like women .I'm not a player or anything .I don't expect anything off girls when I buy them a drink only to have fun ,I even met an american girl one night and she told me she had a boyfriend .I didn't personally care. I brought her and her friend out on the piss with me anyway .I knew nothing was going t happen but it doesn't matter once you're having fun.

P.S you were very rough on Eve ,she wasn't no match for you.Thats why she called you an a-hole ,she's probably a very nice girl just a tad bit feministic.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement