Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cllr. Unnamed - Lazy git

Options
  • 12-05-2009 9:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,634 ✭✭✭

Got election spam through the door from this man today. He was walking round the carpark.

The message that came through the door "On your side. Sorry I missed you when I called today, Name". All written up nicely on the party paper with a picture of him in the corner.

Except I was looking out the window when he put it through my door. I'm sure everyone on the block got one, even though lots of people were in he couldnt be arsed knocking.

I dont really want visits from politicians, but he's a lazy, uncaring sod to put that message saying he visited, when I was looking out the window at him and theres no way in hell he could have missed me.

Lazy sod.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,376 ✭✭✭gaeilgegrinds

Normal practice I'd say, have had the same myself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,252 ✭✭✭✭Madame Razz

He's probably sick of being given out to!!

I think they're getting a bit of a hard time door to door these days...can't think why:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭paconnors

who was it? if you don't want to name him, could you on me his name please

• Registered Users Posts: 14,166 ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

Was it a FF hack? I'd say they're getting scared of calling to doors and actually having to talk to people... all the other parties seem to be knocking on doors, I've had FG, Labour and independents call round but not FF. Now if only Michael "Press Release" Crowe would show his face... I'll have some choice words for him! :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

Zzippy wrote: »
    Was it a FF hack? I'd say they're getting scared of calling to doors and actually having to talk to people... all the other parties seem to be knocking on doors, I've had FG, Labour and independents call round but not FF. Now if only Michael "Press Release" Crowe would show his face... I'll have some choice words for him! :mad:

Record it and Youtube :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 176 ✭✭elyod

I know who it was, I saw the post before some spineless mod edited it :pac:

In fact if you use Google properly you can find the locked version sitting around somewhere with his name and party for everyone to see.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,673 ✭✭✭s_carnage

elyod wrote: »
    I know who it was, I saw the post before some spineless mod edited it :pac:

In fact if you use Google properly you can find the locked version sitting around somewhere with his name and party for everyone to see.

Well spotted!! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Spineless? Well I oughta eh eh eh eh eh...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,634 ✭✭✭jenno86

It was "Jam Hold Hon Null". Try and figure out the anagram! ;) Capital Letters do not represent capitals in the name.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

I got the same card yesterday evening OP, no knocking on the door or anything. Same happened to the neighbours

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 468 ✭✭VanhireBoys

Saw the gits walk past our sitting room window, look in and put spam through the door... Afraid to knock and face the music perhaps..?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭Tzetze

Seems that they're damned if they do, and they're damned if they don't. It takes a brave person to run for election these days.

Tzetze wrote: »
    Seems that they're damned if they do, and they're damned if they don't. It takes a brave person to run for election these days.

Ehh they are accountable to the electorate, they must explain why they voted to block live recording of Council meetings, dodgy planning decisions & all sorts of other things. They only come around to my place every 5 years, I want to challenge their decisions and ask what expenses they've claimed. New candidates get kinder treatment and a free smile

Jenno86, txt the number on that card and ask him why he left a card when you were in!

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭soundbyte

snubbleste wrote: »
    they must explain why they voted to block live recording of Council meetings

If you mean webcasting, from what I recall, there were two options being looked at. One was a fairly basic system, the other a pretty high-tech one, and the consultants recommended they take the high-tech "future-proof" option. I think one of the main differences was that the more expensive option had a library system to allow you to search through several years of meetings, and the cheaper one only a few months.

But the costs were prohibitive, so the whole notion was 'parked' for a while.

I have a feeling it was around the time they were trying to balance the Book of Estimates for the year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 812 ✭✭✭gary82

I'm preparing a webcast for one of my websites.

It took a €10 webcam from Argos and a free account on http://www.ustream.tv/ . No reason why something like this can't bridge the gap until they get their advanced system setup.

For a few euro extra they could get a good webcam and an brand-free, ad-free webcast streaming account.

soundbyte wrote: »
    .. One was a fairly basic system, the other a pretty high-tech one, and the consultants recommended they take the high-tech "future-proof" option. I think one of the main differences was that the more expensive option had a library system to allow you to search through several years of meetings, and the cheaper one only a few months.
    But the costs were prohibitive, so the whole notion was 'parked' for a while.
    I have a feeling it was around the time they were trying to balance the Book of Estimates for the year.

Of course they would want a more expensive option and the council members don't want their lively shindigs open and viewed by the wider public

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭soundbyte

The original vote was something like 9-6 in favour of webcasting (I'm totally open to correction on that, but it was defo in favour). Then when they found out how much it cost, they put it on the back burner.

In fairness, I don't think people really give a flying fcuk what goes on in the Chamber in City Hall. Sure, they'll come on boards after reading the paper and say "Cllr so-and-so is a twat, did you hear what he did".

But how many people on boards have actually bothered to attend a meeting? Im not saying I have, and its not a dig at you or anything. I just think if the meetings were webcast, people on boards would just take the piss every now and then, and that would be all the hullabaloo over and done with.

However, maybe people will take more of an interest in local politics considering the state of the country!

Advertisement