Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

best bookshop website ever

Options
  • 12-05-2009 9:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭

www.awesomebooks.co.uk

sorry if this sites been mentioned befor just recently stumbles across it myself, it sells secondhand books, majority of which are only £1.99 each, and FREE delivery if you buy 2 or more books,you cant go wrong!

it can be hard to find books unless you know exactly what you want cos its not broken down into sub catagories but i just go the amazon, make a list of books i might like and fire away and delivery only takes about a week, brilliant for my book colection, and not so bad for the old credit card,

enjoy
    :D

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,488 ✭✭✭Denerick

Sounds great, will have a look now!

There must be a catch with the supposedly free shipping... No?

Bought Brave New World, Crome Yellow and Main street for a combined fee of about 6 euros... With supposedly no shipping. Still waiting for the catch, but so far doesn't seem to be one!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,677 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

I ordered a few books from them last year. No problems. They are a fairly well known Amazon Marketplace seller.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 orangecake

This is amazing if there are no catches! Thanks for posting the site.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 114 ✭✭whodoo

excellent link....thank you!

• Registered Users Posts: 601 ✭✭✭honeymonster

cheers thanks for this

This website is absolutely fantastic. My three books arrived today. Thanks OP!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭remus808

Just ordered 8 books - €18 delivered, couldn't believe it!

Got the following, for those interested:
    Bill Bryson - Neither Here Nor There: Travels In Europe
    Nick Hornby - High Fidelity, Fever Pitch, About A Boy (Bought it for H.F. but counts as 3 I suppose!)
    Bill Bryson - A Short History Of Nearly Everything
    Alex Garland - The Beach
    Richard Dawkins - River Out Of Eden
    Sylvia Plath - The Bell Jar
    Sun Tzu - The Art Of War

And one last (boring) one, as a CompSci student:
    Software Engineering: A Practitioner's Approach

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭pauline fayne

Thanks a million for posting that link nome , - just placed an order myself and will definitely be buying more from them

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭mcgovern

For those who got their orders, what was the condition of the books like?

Top notch. They're second hand, some people can't seem to stand second hand books but I don't mind at all. Very readable indeed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭MarthaT

thanks for the link, saw a few Im going to pick up

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,281 Mod ✭✭✭✭angeldaisy

thanks for that link. just bought 9 books and only spent 18euro - bargain!! even cheaper now than the charity shops - oxfam still charging around 3e per book!
    just waiting for them to be delivered now - can't wait to get reading:D

• Registered Users Posts: 473 ✭✭sunshine rose

This is brilliant, there's a few i'm looking forward to purchasing:D
    Just wondering do the books arrive by standard post or courier?(I've never bought books on-line before so I don't know what usually happens:o)

This is brilliant, there's a few i'm looking forward to purchasing:D
    Just wondering do the books arrive by standard post or courier?(I've never bought books on-line before so I don't know what usually happens:o)

Standard post, and its really quick delivery too.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,281 Mod ✭✭✭✭angeldaisy

I ordered 8 books Thursday last and they have just arrived now. Excellent service, will definately be using again. bargain price and free delivery too - can't lose.

• Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭eden_my_ass

Does anyone know, if the same book is returned a few times on a search, for differing prices, does this reflect better quality...i.e. from 1.99 to 2.32 ...or is it some supplier issue?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 198 ✭✭Pep

Is anyone else having problems using this site? The search function seems to have stopped working.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭Omnomnom

Pep wrote: »
    Is anyone else having problems using this site? The search function seems to have stopped working.

Its a bit slow. Just be persistent and try again. I dont mind waiting for it when i know im getting such a bargain :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,352 ✭✭✭daveyboy_1ie

Excallant site and well done to the OP for the heads up. I ordered my 3 books this morning which normally cost me about 15 euro on play.com, in used condition and they cost me 7 euro.

however on my order when I confirmed the purchase I seen an extra book with the same reference as the Terry Pratchett one I ordered and this has now suddeny been added to my credit card bill which I did not agree to. So i sent an instant message to their customer service and it will be interesting to see what the customer service is like. I will keep you posted, either way I am still uo money wise as the prices are exceptional but still i dont want a book about Elvis dying young :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,287 ✭✭✭davyjose

Maaan, I just spent 25 quid on books - tonight at bookdepository.co.uk. Well, this'll come to great use next month. Cheers OP

So far no corresponance from them but the amount gone charged to my credit card seems to match my original order so they must have caught their error. Fair play to them, hopefuly the books arrive now. so far i am very impressed indeed and I would usually buy 3/4 books a month online (it beats Eason's prices anyway) :D

Email from awesome books (below), all in all I am VERY pleased with the whole service offered, they seem first class.

Dear Dave,

Thanks for your email - apologies for the delayed reply.

The error was simply a technical issue, you have not been charged extra or sent the extra books.

Warmest Regards,
    Eliza

Customer Satisfaction
    AwesomeBooks
    elizabeth@awesomebooks.co.uk

• Closed Accounts Posts: 304 ✭✭TheBandit

Aye, me too. I got 5 books for about 13e. Fast efficent service despite a simliar error to the one above regarding the same code for two books.

Just to follow up, books arrived and all is good, only the 3 I ordered arrived. Highly recomended. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 166 ✭✭TedB

I've used this website before - free postage just beggars belief. They've a good range of history books about as well.

Advertisement