Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rusty metal arty things - GONE

Options
  • 12-05-2009 10:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭

DLRCC have taken down the arty things on the corner of the Pavillion outside Meadows and Byrne.

I'd heard they were some sort of symbolic gateway, have they gone for good? Is the work on the Dart the start of the covering over I had heard about as well?

Should I read the papers more?:D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 479 ✭✭Cameraman

DLRCC have taken down the arty things on the corner of the Pavillion outside Meadows and Byrne.

I'd heard they were some sort of symbolic gateway, have they gone for good? Is the work on the Dart the start of the covering over I had heard about as well?

Should I read the papers more?:D

Yes, gone to a "more appropriate location".
    Yes on the DART works.

Maybe :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

Cameraman wrote: »
    Yes, gone to a "more appropriate location".

The bottom of Dublin Bay?

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,503 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

Aye, read about it in one of the free sheets.

as you called it yourself, a rusty metal arty thing.

it looked shit tbh.

For anyone who hasnt had the pleasure to see the "gateway"

scultp_pic.jpg

Also, the Press release for its opening (?)

• Registered Users Posts: 479 ✭✭Cameraman

Actually - I'll miss it from there (yes - I know I'm in the minority).

However the (70's ??) shopping centre bunker is a much bigger eyesore and designed with no account whatsoever taken of the location it's in. Unfortunately, it'll be harder to move it to a more appropriate location.

The newish Pavilion centre isn't much better - the blandest of the bland.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,082 ✭✭✭lostexpectation

the councillors are philistines

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,506 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

Actually - I'll miss it from there (yes - I know I'm in the minority).

I quite liked it too, anyone know will it be back once the work is complete?

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭kazza90210

Dont understand how people thought it was art push them together and they look like a mans p***s

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,503 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

However the (70's ??) shopping centre bunker is a much bigger eyesore and designed with no account whatsoever taken of the location it's in. Unfortunately, it'll be harder to move it to a more appropriate location.

I Agree with you on the Shopping center. It really Looks awfull from the outside. the inside has been done up recently, However the number of Unused Shops is starting to grow.

Realisticly, Dun Laoghaire doesnt need 2 Tesco's.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

kazza90210 wrote: »
    Dont understand how people thought it was art push them together and they look like a mans p***s

A very big, rusty metal penis, yes, i suppose they do :D

anyone got any ideas what the area will look like once the Dort is covered over? are they just planning on extending the promenade there? it would be nice (if not a bit bumpy every time a train goes underneath) place for a bit of al fresco dining i reckon.

Advertisement