Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Worst PS3 game

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,837 ✭✭✭S.I.R

Haze, PES, metal gear solid, fracture... theirs too many to pic from.

• Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭LiNgWiStIkZ

S.I.R wrote: »

:eek:

I know it's all opinions, but... :eek:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,312 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I know it's all opinions, but... :eek:

It's not the worst. But it is a bit ****.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

S.I.R wrote: »

You mention MGS and PES in the same post as Haze and Fracture!

I hate seeing people use this smiley but fu*k it!

:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭smooch71

vflhp wrote: »
    I hate Ridge Racer 7. It has to be the worst PS3 game out.
    Loved Ridge Racer for the PSP, so when I bought it for the PS3 I was disgusted. No crash damage, horrible graphics, and I hate it when racing games don't incorporate a story.

It was a bit disappointing, a series that I knew and loved, and now I hate the series. I'm afraid to even rent the next RR for fear it'll be as bad as 7.

I'll give it a miss so.
    Might trade it in and get €2.00 off my next game!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,642 ✭✭✭Luap

Id say Lost or Ridge Racer 7 they were both pretty bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

byte wrote: »
    I stupidly bought that Sonic game, and it was horrendous, IMO.

I'd wager you didn't unlock the 3rd special shoes to progress in the storyline. Sonic Unleashed is widely panned by gamers due to bad reviews and an, admittedly, confusing and steep initial learning curve (I also nearly threw in the towel at the start)

I haven't yet met a person whos completed it and still holds this opinion however. Once you reach the peak of the initial learning curve and get your footing the game is amazing. Just take a look at the metacritic scores (not the review average, the actual gamer scores) the same is true for the Wii and PS3 versions.

Metacritic - sonic unleashed (360): 8.4/10

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

L31mr0d wrote: »
    I'd wager you didn't unlock the 3rd special shoes to progress in the storyline. Sonic Unleashed is widely panned by gamers due to bad reviews and an, admittedly, confusing and steep initial learning curve (I also nearly threw in the towel at the start)

I haven't yet met a person whos completed it and still holds this opinion however. Once you reach the peak of the initial learning curve and get your footing the game is amazing. Just take a look at the metacritic scores (not the review average, the actual gamer scores) the same is true for the Wii and PS3 versions.

Metacritic - sonic unleashed (360): 8.4/10
    Or he could be talking about the original Sonic the Hedgehog on it (I love Sonic(yes even more then mario) but that game made me cry.Still scared to try unleashed)

Still scared to try unleashed)

I'd rate it as good as Sonic 3. Sonic 3 had "that barrel" which damn near made a lot of sonic fans hate the game, but over all it was fantastic. Well, imagine if Sonic 3 had started with that barrel puzzle, that's Unleashed. Most people hit a brick wall about 2 or 3 hours into the game where you are just confused where the next level is, if you're supposed to be talking to people, where the hidden shoes are... etc. Look up a FAQ to find the special shoes right from the start as it will make the game a lot more enjoyable.

Once you get past the second boss you'll have pretty much learnt the ropes. It ends on a truly excellent crescendo also, best ending and boss fight of any Sonic game, rivals Sonic 2 imo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭marko91

killzone 2:rolleyes: takes about half an hour to turn backwards:pac:cod5 best game ever

• Advertisement

marko91 wrote: »
    killzone 2:rolleyes: takes about half an hour to turn backwards:pac:cod5 best game ever
    I really must question your quite deplorable taste:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,399 ✭✭✭Kashkai

Haze was the most overhyped piece of crap I've bought. I only finished it to see if the storyline, voice acting, graphics, AI etc etc could get any worse. Jeez to think they left the ending open for a possible sequel:eek:

Far Cry 2 was also disappointing - EXTREMELY REPETITIVE (stands back and waits for the counter attack by the fan boys :D)

Finally, to the guy who thought COD WAW was superior to Killzone 2, what parellel universe do you hail from? KZ2 is the best game on the PS3 since the glory days of Uncharted and COD4

• Registered Users Posts: 2,509 ✭✭✭NotorietyH

Finally, to the guy who thought COD WAW was superior to Killzone 2, what parellel universe do you hail from? KZ2 is the best game on the PS3 since the glory days of Uncharted and COD4

Lol not only that COD WAW is better than Killzone 2, but of all the games on the PS3, he's picked Killzone 2 as the worst. Which is spectacularly full of all kinds of fail!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,713 ✭✭✭Bonavox

Haze was the most overhyped piece of crap I've bought. I only finished it to see if the storyline, voice acting, graphics, AI etc etc could get any worse. Jeez to think they left the ending open for a possible sequel:eek:

I can't think of whats worse:

A) It was a horribly bad game
    B) It was hyped as a Halo killer
    C) People actually went out and bought it.

NB: Please choose ONLY three of the above options . . .

• Registered Users Posts: 4,466 ✭✭✭Snakeblood

vflhp wrote: »
    I can't think of whats worse:

A) It was a horribly bad game
    B) It was hyped as a Halo killer
    C) People actually went out and bought it.

NB: Please choose ONLY three of the above options . . .

D) It destroyed Free Radical, maker of Timesplitters

• Registered Users Posts: 2,509 ✭✭✭NotorietyH

Snakeblood wrote: »

Ugh, I swear I nearly cry everytime I think of that. I wouldn't care one way or another if Haze was a bad game, but the fact that it murdered Timesplitters 4 breaks my heart!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,604 ✭✭✭Kev_ps3

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭tenacious-me

DaPoolRulz wrote: »
    Watchmen on PSN is dire. And for 15 Euro!!!???

Tried the trial of this the other night with a mate of mine,
    had a great time, it's hilariously fun to play! Especially with someone

• Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭Niall0

Snakeblood wrote: »
    free radical were bought by crytek, id say timesplitters 4 is a banker (maybe with the crysis engine?:pac:)

...............eh....................nope.i got nothin

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭Randy Shafter

Far Cry 2 was also disappointing - EXTREMELY REPETITIVE (stands back and waits for the counter attack by the fan boys :D)

I think the online multiplayer makes up for Far Cry 2 repition IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,608 ✭✭✭Victor_M

I think the online multiplayer makes up for Far Cry 2 repition IMO.

Is the multi-player that good? I got bored with FC2 after about an hour, haven't even looked at it since I got it at Christmas.

My vote based on limited experience goes to Kane & Lynch, for future reference be suspicious of any game that doesn't show any footage/stills of itself in any of it's ad's or in particular on the box itself. Shocking gameplay and circa 1990 graphics and gameplay.

Please tell me by "mate" you mean hot swedish blonde woman and that your experience with the demo of Watchmen was just that you bumped off the controller every now and again whilst making sweet love to her, because this is the only scenario I can imagine where someone would speak of the Watchmen demo and utter the words "had a great time" in the same breath.

• Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭Randy Shafter

@ Victor_M: Yeah the multiplayer isn't bad. The Team Deathmatch is really good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,645 ✭✭✭Daemos

Probably true, actually. I played it on single player, and rorshack got stuck behind a door:mad:. Turned it off after that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭brian plank

killzone 2 is seriously rubbish and asassins creed is just as bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

Not a fan of Assasins Creed but it's not rubbish.

...and Killzone 2 is probably the best game on the PS3

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭samurai kebab

It saddens me that about half the games I own have been mentioned in this thread and I agree with most of them.:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭hurler007

Just leave now!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 180 ✭✭IsMiseConor

killzone 2 is seriously rubbish

Just because it's not like COD doesn't mean it's rubbish. You should play more shooters.

I haven't played any really rubbish games on PS3 yet, the Simpsons game was probably the worst.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement