Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

greatest ending to an anime

Options
  • 12-05-2009 10:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,227 ✭✭✭

just wondering whats everyone favourite ending to an anime , mine would probly be FMA or Cowboy Bebop

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭Butterscotch

Maybe Evangelion the series. Not much people liked the ending but I thought it was funny and random. It was clever. That is all I can think of for now.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,561 ✭✭✭Rhyme

The end of the first season of Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei was pretty good, not much in the way of plot development/clarity/ending, although around this show, that's not saying much.

It's been so long since i've finished a proper serialised anime, i can't make a proper judgement on this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 145 ✭✭Otaku Girl

Maybe Evangelion the series. Not much people liked the ending but I thought it was funny and random. It was clever. That is all I can think of for now.

Which one?The series ending or the end of evangelion ending? My favourite is the end of evangelion ending;Kimochi warui...

Otaku Girl wrote: »
    Which one?The series ending or the end of evangelion ending? My favourite is the end of evangelion ending;Kimochi warui...

The Series ending when everyone says "Congratulations". I don't remember the ending for EOE have to watch that again sometime. Oh and Code Geass had a fantastic ending.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 145 ✭✭Otaku Girl

I don't remember the ending for EOE have to watch that again sometime.
    Shinji chooses a world of pain over instrumentality and Asuka is the first person who regains the will to live.She is lying on the beach,badly injured. Shinji attempts to strangle her and she puts her hand on his face,in an usually gentle fashion,then Shinji starts crying(suprise surprise). Asuka seems dissapointed by his weakness and says kimochi warui,I feel sick,and "fin" appears on the screen.

The meaning of those three words have been debated amongst anime fans for eons.

I like the more upbeat ending of the series too but the more morbid ending in the end of evangelion is my personal favourite.
    In the series everyone congratuates him for not being so mentally weak and overcoming his issues,in EOE he is met only by Asuka.They tell the same story,albeit one in a positive way and the other in a morbid way.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 945 ✭✭✭gearoidof

I liked the ending of bleach...

oh damnit, I was fantacising again...

On a more serious note, cowboy bebop's ending was pretty cool, but I have to say that seikai no senki had the nicest end to it (emphasise nice)

• Registered Users Posts: 83,355 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Gurren Lagann. Or Akira.

you liked the ending to akira!?

I watched that, and hadn't felt so underwhelmed by an ending since princess mononoke:
    "I love you, but we can't be together. Goodbye"
    *roll credits*

Gurren lagann was a nice ending though

• Registered Users Posts: 875 ✭✭✭triseke

the ending of Ouran High School Host Club was fairly epic! I <3 that show!

• Registered Users Posts: 988 ✭✭✭Zeouterlimits

*standing ovation*

Glad I'm not alone.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29 lydabryant

Hmmm.... I like Robotech and Gundam Seed... :cool:

Otaku Girl wrote: »
    Shinji chooses a world of pain over instrumentality and Asuka is the first person who regains the will to live.She is lying on the beach,badly injured. Shinji attempts to strangle her and she puts her hand on his face,in an usually gentle fashion,then Shinji starts crying(suprise surprise). Asuka seems dissapointed by his weakness and says kimochi warui,I feel sick,and "fin" appears on the screen.

The meaning of those three words have been debated amongst anime fans for eons.

I like the more upbeat ending of the series too but the more morbid ending in the end of evangelion is my personal favourite.
    In the series everyone congratuates him for not being so mentally weak and overcoming his issues,in EOE he is met only by Asuka.They tell the same story,albeit one in a positive way and the other in a morbid
    way.

Oh I remember now. Yeah that was a great and dark ending. I remember myself and my boyfriend were watching it in the dub and we had to rewind that final shot 5 times to hear Asuka's last dying words.

• Registered Users Posts: 773 ✭✭✭Cy_Revenant

Gurren Lagann.

thanks for warning us about spoilers there ^.^

gearoidof wrote: »
    thanks for warning us about spoilers there ^.^

To be fair, it's a thread about the endings of animes, you see a title you've not seen the end of, you scroll on.

Bruce Willis is dead.
    He's Lukes dad.
    Dil is a He.
    Rosebud is a sled.
    etc...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭robby^5

Rhyme wrote: »
    To be fair, it's a thread about the endings of animes, you see a title you've not seen the end of, you scroll on.

Bruce Willis is dead.
    He's Lukes dad.
    Dil is a He.
    Rosebud is a sled.
    etc...

Hold on a ****ing minute, Bruce Willis dies at the end of what women want? ****!

robby^5 wrote: »
    Hold on a ****ing minute, Bruce Willis dies at the end of what women want? ****!
    psst... Mel Gibson.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭robby^5

Rhyme wrote: »
    psst... Mel Gibson.

Oh ok I just remembered either McClane or Riggs was in that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Cowboy Bebop for me, just for the sad finality of it all:(

• Registered Users Posts: 551 ✭✭✭Monkeyto

I'd say Texhnolyze had a great ending.
    Basically everyone being murdered and the fall of society. Grimmmmm stuff. The ending credits also had a sweet song to say goodbye to the city of Lux.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 284 ✭✭monellia

I'd say Cowboy Bebop fo sho

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Black Lagoon: 2nd Barrage, the end of the first arc.
    Poor
    Gretel/Handel, they never saw it coming.
    ("T_T)

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Gurren Lagann.

Tried watching it there last week... didnt like it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Tried watching it there last week... didnt like it.

Yep... Very overrated show imo. It gets better towards the end, but is definitely not worthy of all the praise that gets heaped on it.
    Who was the guy at the end of it anyway? Kamina?... it made no sense to me

• Registered Users Posts: 49 Murts-Rig

Cowboy Bebop or Macross SDF

• Registered Users Posts: 4,571 ✭✭✭TheChrisD

The ending of Ouran Host Club was rather epic. Although the series of events leading up to that climax were quite interesting...
    I was seriously expecting Haruhi to end up with one of the twins rather than Tamaki!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,339 ✭✭✭✭LoLth

please use spoilers. you are posting about the end of movies/series. and not just one particular series, its very easy to catch a detail as you scroll past that could, if not ruin an ending, colour your viewing of the series.

for anyone that doesnt know how, you just put [ spoiler ] at the start and [ / spoiler ] at the end of the sensitive information (remove the spaces).

thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 875 ✭✭✭triseke

TheChrisD wrote: »
    The ending of Ouran Host Club was rather epic. Although the series of events leading up to that climax were quite interesting...

I know but i thought the end dance scene was lovely!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,373 ✭✭✭Dartz

Neon Genesis Evangelion.

Though it takes a few goes to realise it.....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23 Olterior

Im yet to see a brilliant ending to an anime , naruto (taking it as ending with out shippuden) sucked , Samurai champloo ending sucked , afrosamurai ending sucked (if d movie was d ending) , love hina was a disasterous ending , digimon endings sucked , wolfs rain ending sucked , DMC ending sucked !!!!! and death note ending ruined the entire series ! . FMA ending left too much things to be answered .

Advertisement