Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Electro

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,541 ✭✭✭Davei141

Helix wrote: »
    people can like whatever they want, for whatever reasons they like and whether or not they know the details about them or not

If you like something you take an interest no? Kind of defeats the purpose if you don't. Liking something without the faintest of interest. Hmm. Why do i get the feeling your selling yourself short to make your point.
    i like watching movies, but by christ i know bugger all about them

If you can't tell the difference between comedy and horror don't expect anyone to take your opinion on movies seriously.

i also like listening to good guitar players, but im rubbish at it myself and dont know the name of more than 10 famous guitarists

Im happy for you an all. But you like the sound of something you find out the name of the band at least? If not. Once again don't expect anyone to take your opinion seriously.

i also like looking at interesting paintings, without knowing anything about their style, era, influence etc, but that doesnt make the fact that i like them any more or less correct than the art guru who leaves and breathes it

Who mentioned anything about them being correct? Like looking at interesting paintings all you like. But if you stick your head into a conversation proclaiming to like paintings and somebody asks whats your favourite? What do you say? "The blue one by that guy?" Do you think your opinion will be taken seriously after that?
    That sounds fairer. I won't get into any discussions then!

I'm sorry. I was just in a pissed off mood last night and when that guy said that you're not a true music fan if you don't know genres it irritated me.

And Dave, to be honest I know most dance genres. I just sometimes have difficulty differentiating between them because I think a lot of dance music in different genres sounds very similar. Sorry if I offended anyone or anything

That's completely understandable. I think the guy saying your not a true fan was thinking more along the lines of the people who think every piece of dance music ever created is techno or the guy who thinks a guitar = metal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭CyberWaste

This is going just like metal where everything nowadays is categorised into these sub genres.

Anyway, I dont think its on the decline, with acts like Justice, MSTRKRFT, Shameboy, Danger, Boys Noize... just to name a few.
    Fair enough ive only started listening to electro in the past 3-4 years but I still think its popular, maybe not as when it first came out, but many of those acts named are headlining festivals this year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,791 ✭✭✭electrogrimey

I wouldn't at all say it's dead, just like yer man said there look at the festival line-ups, and with like MSTRKRFT and Mr.Oizo and people releasing new albums, I'd say it'll regain the popularity it had last summer this summer. Favourite electro (well dance) artists at the moment would probably be Proxy, Kill The Noise, Soulwax's nite versions and remixes, and Japanese Popstars.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 electroma

i have to say alot of the 'electro' coming out at the minute isn't the best, seems theres alot of cr4p been churned out especially on bport.

artists i like in the so called electro genre haha

Miles Dyson (in fairness he produces a bit of everything)

Jack Beats

Some of Herve's stuff aint that bad

seems others have only one maybe two tunes or remixes worthwhile

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,696 ✭✭✭Hectorjelly

electroma wrote: »

seems others have only one maybe two tunes or remixes worthwhile

lol

Advertisement