Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anybody see this today? Rescue 115.

Options
  • 12-05-2009 10:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,266 ✭✭✭

Hi all, Shannon based Sikorsky S-61N "Rescue 115" EI-RCG of the Irish Coast Guard which is a frequent visitor to Galway Hospital landed behind Galway Lifeboat Station today after 7:30pm and stayed on the ground for well over an hour to show some new Galway Lifeboat Personnel the ropes and a general look around this mighty beast, so i hurriedly got down to her to see, and a big thanks to the crew who were very open and friendly and let me and others in for a look around and a brief on her and the equipement.

I wont bore you with more chat so on with the show!

Enjoy.

DSCF0173.jpg

DSCF0175.jpg

DSCF0168.jpg

DSCF0169.jpg

DSCF0170.jpg

DSCF0171-1.jpg

DSCF0182-1.jpg

The Winch Used to Lower/Lift Crew and Survivors etc
    DSCF0181.jpg

The Cockpit
    DSCF0178-1.jpg

DSCF0177-1.jpg

Looking back from the Cockpit, Behind the Stretcher is a Fuel Tank and FLIR Observer Position, the Blue cover on the ground is the "Sea Tray" this stops saltwater/fluids from gaining access to the inner workings of the S-61N And is easy to maintain
    DSCF0176-2.jpg

Preparing for Take Off
    DSCF0187-1.jpg

Final Checks
    DSCF0189-1.jpg

Dustoff!!
    DSCF0194.jpg

Bye Bye Rescue 115
    DSCF0196.jpg

Huge thanks to The Crew of Rescue 115,

Hope you enjoyed them,

Dave.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 668 ✭✭✭ch252

Nice shots!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 815 ✭✭✭KStaford

very interesting, have you put these over on the photography board?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

Nice one, get any pics of the heads being shown it? wanna see if I know any faces :D

See where you were standing today? Think the final plans for that land is a dry-dock

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,266 ✭✭✭Steyr

JohnCleary wrote: »
    Nice one, get any pics of the heads being shown it? wanna see if I know any faces :D

No head shots of the Lifeboat Boys but i recognised a few to see alright!

KStaford wrote: »
    very interesting, have you put these over on the photography board?

I have not Sir, i usually never get a reply over there!:o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,046 ✭✭✭Fracture

you should have ran into it when no one was looking, locked the doors and took off.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Make sure the doors are closed properly before taking off. We don't need another Salthill "incident" :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

By any chance did you get pics of the floating moorings just off the shore??

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭happyoutscan

Fantastic pics, thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,790 ✭✭✭cornbb

Nice pics. It looks like a beast alright, I saw it flying in the Mutton Island area last week when we had those strong gales, not a bother to it.

• Advertisement

Thanks for the Replies guys!:)

JC didnt shoot at those sorry to say.

Advertisement