Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for a new phone.

• 12-05-2009 11:19pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭

Well I'm sure ye get threads like this all the time, but anyways! Basically, I get a mid-range phone every 6mths - a year, because I like to keep up to date with my phones and what not, but it does cost me a bit of money. At the mo I have a SE W910i which I got around Christmas, but I'm looking to get a phone that will last me about 2 years or so. It'd need to have WiFi, at least 3mp camera and a big internal memory or a mem card slot that'll support 8GB or more and a decent enough screen res. I have a budget of €200-250, and network doesn't matter but it has to be Pay as you go. I've been looking at the SE W705. My frend got it about a month ago and it looks pretty good. Just wondering is there anything else out there though. Thanks in advance for replies!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

What you think of a N95. Its a top spec phone, not brand new on the market, but still very hard to beat!

It has everything you want, it has a 5MP camera, wifi and also has gps which the W705 doesnt.

You could pick up a new unlocked n95 on adverts.ie or ebay.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,922 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Yeah the n95 is nice, but it looks a bit chunky. Is it easy to carry/hold? (I know it seems like a stupid question, but hey)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,750 ✭✭✭sxt

Yeah the n95 is nice, but it looks a bit chunky. Is it easy to carry/hold? (I know it seems like a stupid question, but hey)

Check it out for size here,put your mouse on it and twirl it around for size:)
    http://www.gsmarena.com/nokia_n95_8gb-review-188p2.php

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,922 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 83 ✭✭Rics

Although apparently out of your price range (and mine!), the iPhone is awesome and I'm dying to get one! tis the next mobile computing platform.

• Registered Users Posts: 45 MacAttack84

the n95 is an excellent phone, has all you need, it is a bit big but surprisingly you would hardly notice it in your pocket! i've had mine nearly a year and have had no issues at all with it. Another great thing about the n95 is the applications you can get for it and the wifi is real good! only problem with the n95 is that it has been around for a while, n96 is out but no where near as good and also very pricey!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

The N95 is 6mm thicker and 5mm wider than your W910i. Unless you have very very small hands its perfect.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,166 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

I bought a N95 8gb around this time last year and its by far my favorite phone ever to own.

I use it more than my Ipod for music listening (as its handy)

I can ring my girlfriend for free using fring.

Its camera is very good

I alway thought it was massive and that it was going to be a pain to carry around, but it actually isn't that much bigger than other phones when it is closed up

Advertisement