Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

hdip in economics

• 12-05-2009 11:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 38

can anyone tell me what the weekly timetable is like for this course ie no of hours spent in lectures as im thinking of doing this course this year

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭1082229

Its 10 hours lectures, and 2-3 for tutorials.

You need to be very sure why you are doing this course as its a bit crap.

If you want to use it to get into an economic masters or need it for points for the Postgrad Dip in Education work away.

But As a stand along course its not great.

If you have any questions I'll happily answer them.

(PS just finishing up the course at the moment)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 becks4bucks

Thanx a mill for that - teh story is I work nights , my wife works job share days with hse and we have two kids so i have to be fairly certain i could fit everything in. I would view this course as a bridge to the masters - good luck on nearly finishing - what do you hope to do next?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭1082229

Well I was on the panel for the Dept of Foreign Affairs. damn embargo

I'm doing a masters in LSE in London in sept. But I was accepted on my degree results not on the HDip.

For getting into UCC masters the Hdip should do fine. Hours wise you could pick your subjects to have a day or two off during the week.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 lynch1989

this link is probly dead. just asking how did get on in the hdip was it worth doing? and what degree did you do before the hdip that got u into LSE i really want to go there.

Advertisement