Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wigan -V- ManU

Options
  • 12-05-2009 11:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭

Any thoughts on betting?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Holsten

Your house on United by at least two clear goals.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,893 ✭✭✭allthedoyles

Ronaldo to score from outside penalty area - 9/2

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭x in the city

ronaldo to hiss and throw his jacket at the bench, any odds?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭raheny red

Wigan -V- Man Utd

If United win here tonight there's a possibility they could win the league at home to Arsenal on Saturday - that's a huge incentive for any side facing their 'rivals'. Tonight could easily be a 3 or 4-0 win for the visitors but they'll gladly take a 1-0 win here. Wigan have nothing to play for but pride. They are also missing a couple of key players. Wigan will be without Egypt striker Amr Zaki because of a knee injury. Goalkeeper Chris Kirkland is also struggling with a back injury and Richard Kingson is set to deputise. Top striker and first choice keeper out - happy days. United may be missing Ferdinand again but have the luxury of recalling midfielders Paul Scholes, Michael Carrick and striker Wayne Rooney. United have won their last six Premier League games; Wigan are chasing their first win in six. Wigan are still searching for their first Premier League victory over a member of the 'Big Four'. Manchester United have beaten Wigan in all seven Premier League meetings with an aggregate score of 19-3. I'm going to have a shot at the Double Result.

Man Utd/Man Utd @ 5/6 (Hills) 2pts.

Also, Rooney to score anytime looks good. Wayne ROONEY, who needs a hat-trick to total 100 goals for Manchester United, has played in all eight of United's league and cup meetings with Wigan and has scored six goals, including the first minute winner in this season's reverse fixture.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,536 ✭✭✭Brimmy

Ronaldo to score from outside penalty area - 9/2

This is great odds I think as its anytime within 90 minutes.

Or if you have a lot to make it worthwhile United to win 3/10.

The 5/6 for United HT/FT is pretty good too though but I'll hang off on those to see what the squad is first.

Powers also have Rooney and Berba to score anytime within 90 minutes at 5/1. If both start it could be worth a small sum.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭paddyb125

raheny red wrote: »

I'm on this too, I'm also on Man Utd to win both halves @ 2.74 (Betfair)

• Registered Users Posts: 45,422 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

United to win by 2 goals or more, Evens on Betfair.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,517 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

Since everyone is going one way on this one i'll stick a whole fiver on the draw at 4/1. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 54,214 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

last 2 games in the PL were 2-0 utd

so iv gone for another 0-2 utd tonight 9/2

and

Wigan Athletic v Man Utd
    W Rooney & D Berbatov to both score in 90 minutes play
    5-1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,382 ✭✭✭✭AARRRGH

Haha for the first time ever I have something good to say about Michael Carrick!

That's 8 wins in a row for me. Nearly 1k in two weeks. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭raheny red

raheny red wrote: »
    Wigan -V- Man Utd

If United win here tonight there's a possibility they could win the league at home to Arsenal on Saturday - that's a huge incentive for any side facing their 'rivals'. Tonight could easily be a 3 or 4-0 win for the visitors but they'll gladly take a 1-0 win here. Wigan have nothing to play for but pride. They are also missing a couple of key players. Wigan will be without Egypt striker Amr Zaki because of a knee injury. Goalkeeper Chris Kirkland is also struggling with a back injury and Richard Kingson is set to deputise. Top striker and first choice keeper out - happy days. United may be missing Ferdinand again but have the luxury of recalling midfielders Paul Scholes, Michael Carrick and striker Wayne Rooney. United have won their last six Premier League games; Wigan are chasing their first win in six. Wigan are still searching for their first Premier League victory over a member of the 'Big Four'. Manchester United have beaten Wigan in all seven Premier League meetings with an aggregate score of 19-3. I'm going to have a shot at the Double Result.

Also, Rooney to score anytime looks good. Wayne ROONEY, who needs a hat-trick to total 100 goals for Manchester United, has played in all eight of United's league and cup meetings with Wigan and has scored six goals, including the first minute winner in this season's reverse fixture.

Shudda just went with the straight win. How deep was Berba playing in the first half?! He slows the game down so much United are also going in reverse.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,893 ✭✭✭allthedoyles

AARRRGH wrote: »
    That's 8 wins in a row for me. Nearly 1k in two weeks. :)

What bet did you go with after to win so easily .

Must have been good odds for half-time Wigan and full time United .

But surely to back united outright to win were poor odds ?

But surely to back united outright to win were poor odds ?

I don't normally back (I normally lay) but I felt united would do it in the end, so did a simple united to win.

Crap odds, but safe enough, so I bet 300 on it for nearly 100 returns.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭abouttobebanned

Did you post up this bet before hand somewhere, or are you just after-timing?

Did you post up this bet before hand somewhere, or are you just after-timing?

I normally post my bets here (see old threads from me.)

I didn't bother posting this one because it was so obvious. I don't see any point in stating the obvious. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭ErinGoBrath

I think the issue here is that you were quick to state how much you've won however never put the bet up. It's aftertiming regardless of how 'obvious' you thought the bet was!

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Less of the 'LOL at thread' and name calling please. I have deleted the offending posts rather than ban etc. I think this thread has served it's purpose.

Also, on the aftertiming accusations, he answered a direct question he was asked. It is hardly the clearest example of aftertiming one could point to. Is there any need for the oversensitivity around it?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement