Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BBQ Burgers

• 13-05-2009 2:07am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 533 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    Can anyone recommend in Waterford City or anywhere in the south east where I could get really good tasty quality burgers for the BBQ?

- BFG

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,418 ✭✭✭BIG-SLICK-POKER

Lidl is best for them 4 for like 1.99 i think had them last year and they were the best around

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Dores Butchers in Kilkenny have fantastic burgers, sausages etc for BBQ's, pretty damn good value to.

Their at the end of High Street across the road from the Oxfam shop, you can't miss the.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 266 ✭✭JLemmon

Cribins or The Butchers block as it's now known in Dungarvan shopping centre
    have good burgers for a bbq, we've had them loads of times with no probs.
    Good quality pork sausages are essential too not cheap ones as they release too much fat and burn up, unless you like that of course.
    Enjoy

• Registered Users Posts: 24 WMT

Superquinn's burgers & thin sliced steaks are beautiful on the bbq

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 533 ✭✭✭baronflyguy

Cool thanks for the feedback. Might try do a first mini BBQ as a taster and try a few burgers from the various places mentioned and get a few friends to rate them.

Someone was telling me once that they went away on a stag weekend camping and one guy produced a white box (unappealing at first) of 1/4 pounders from Dover/clover or some kind of meat factory here in waterford. He said it was the tastiest burger he every tasted, really meaty.

Can anyone verify this? Is it possible to get good 1/4 pounders if you call to a meat producing factory/distribution.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭scout353

Why not make your own!!! If you are doing this you can add different ingredients such as basil, oregano, thyme, garlic, even stuff a lump of cheese in the middle. I use soya sauce and worcestershire sauce as well and sometimes a few chilli flakes to add a nice bite.

One piece of advice though is to use a more fatty mince (rather than steak mince) as it keeps the meat more moist and prevents it from burning on the BBQ!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭miss deise

Cool thanks for the feedback. Might try do a first mini BBQ as a taster and try a few burgers from the various places mentioned and get a few friends to rate them.

Someone was telling me once that they went away on a stag weekend camping and one guy produced a white box (unappealing at first) of 1/4 pounders from Dover/clover or some kind of meat factory here in waterford. He said it was the tastiest burger he every tasted, really meaty.

Can anyone verify this? Is it possible to get good 1/4 pounders if you call to a meat producing factory/distribution.

Clover Meats is an abbotoire (spelling?) in Ferrybank. He might be talking about the butchers across the road from the Secondary School. They are in a unit there, can't remember the name, but their steaks are yum!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,245 ✭✭✭old gregg

Lidl is best for them 4 for like 1.99 i think had them last year and they were the best around
    maybe the recipe has changed 'cos I cooked some a few weeks ago and they started spewing out a ridiculous amount of very strange bright orange fat.

the Aldi Angus burgers are not bad for frying anyway. could be a tad dry on the BBQ.

As posted previously by scout353, making your own is always gonna be the best option if you've got the time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 403 ✭✭counterpointaud

They have some fancy gourmet type burgers in Lidl at the moment...expensive enough €2.50 for two. They have Monteray Jack cheese and Jalepenos in them and are incredible tasting from the BBQ...had some yesterday. Highly recommended :)

Advertisement