Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fingal Bin Collection in Balbriggan

Options
  • 13-05-2009 8:49am
    Registered Users Posts: 743 ✭✭✭

Can someone please tell me which bin is being collected this Friday, the black or the brown??

It says on the schedule they gave us that it should be black only this Friday, but for the past 2 Fridays whatever bin we left out they have not emptied.

We have our stickers on, paid in full so the only conclusion I am coming to is that they have changed the schedule and we werent notified... :confused:

So is it a black bin day on Friday or do I have to get a new schedule?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Eoineo

Friday = Brown/Black Day
    Next week = Black Day
    Following Week = Brown Only

HTH

• Registered Users Posts: 743 ✭✭✭northdubgal

Eoineo wrote: »
    Friday = Brown/Black Day
    Next week = Black Day
    Following Week = Brown Only

HTH

Thanks Eoineo, that differs from my schedule.. Was a new one issued recently?

Yes we all got a new schedule in the post about the new schedule about a month & half ago. If you give them a buzz they should post you out the new one.
    Or you could try emailing them at this address (found it on their website) envserv@fingalcoco.ie

Yes we all got a new schedule in the post about the new schedule about a month & half ago. If you give them a buzz they should post you out the new one.
    Or you could try emailing them at this address (found it on their website) envserv@fingalcoco.ie

Never received that, and also never received the annual charges invoice...

Thanks again, just on hold for the past 10mins with Fingal...

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭NorthDub

i was having the same problem re collection of my brown bin, i got a telephone number from phone book and rank the brown bin section and they said yes the dates had changed but they sent out new calendars as in an post collected them, i said i hadnt received any so they are sending me out a new one

• Advertisement

NorthDub wrote: »
    i was having the same problem re collection of my brown bin, i got a telephone number from phone book and rank the brown bin section and they said yes the dates had changed but they sent out new calendars as in an post collected them, i said i hadnt received any so they are sending me out a new one

Yer man in Fingal blatantly accused me of throwing my new calendar in the bin and that is the reason why I didnt know it had changed!! Cheecky fe cker!

I have never recieved anything from Fingal, I have to photocopy all the calendars from my neighbour.. never received the annual charge letter either and got the same response- you must of thrown it in the bin... :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭Frank Spencer

Yer man in Fingal blatantly accused me of throwing my new calendar in the bin and that is the reason why I didnt know it had changed!! Cheecky fe cker!

I have never recieved anything from Fingal, I have to photocopy all the calendars from my neighbour.. never received the annual charge letter either and got the same response- you must of thrown it in the bin... :mad:

Well if that's the case just take them back out of the bin as they haven't been collected!! :)

Buck_Naked wrote: »
    Well if that's the case just take them back out of the bin as they haven't been collected!! :)

Where were you yesterday when I needed an answer like that :D:D perfect!

i thought the reason my brown bin hadnt been collected was cause i hadnt received a bill, only realised i should have when i saw the fingal newsletter, i rang up and was told that the account for my address hadnt been set up, which i found weird cause all other houses on my road had and i am there 5 1/2 years, it took 3 phone calls to fingal before the matter was sorted out and i got temporary stickers to keep me going until the real ones come out

Did you tell him there was no way you could have put the 2 reminder notices in the bin as well? The reminder notices have the PIN number on them for paying online (the one that came on the card (credit card size) with the first bill).
    They definitely didn't collect any bins in my area where there was no annual waste charge sticker on them last week - I'd expect it to be the same this week.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 33 dotts1977

Northdubgal, you must have dealt with the same guy I dealt with before Christmas. He could not have been more ignorant and rude had he tried. Basically told me I was stupid as I didn't realise that the bins would be collected on a Saturday instead of the Friday that was St Stephen's Day....Course, I should have known this....And tonight's euromillions numbers are.....:D

Well did it get emptied? ;)

Well did it get emptied? ;)

I left both the black and brown out this morning so i'll soon find out!

The bin tag wasnt sticking for me though so knowing my luck it could fall off :o

that sounds like the guy i spoke to too, he said maybe someone had thrown out the new calendar I said no I am the only one in the house and i know i didnt get it

but anyway my bins were collected today, both the brown and black ones:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 dotts1977

Well both my bins went out yesterday and only the black one was collected..I rang FCC on Thursday and got through to someone who would "ring me back" but I'm still waiting! I've emailed the address that I found in this thread. Fingers crossed someone will get back to me! Otherwise I'll have to put out both bins every week in the hope they get collected!

Advertisement