Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Can't get boiler going

• 13-05-2009 9:45am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,899 ✭✭✭✭

Had the usual error of letting oil run out and following delivery, boiler seemed to be ok, but will not start now.

I presumed an air lock and carried out the usual steps to deal with this to no avail. Oil does seem to be in pipes up to pump.

When i try to start boiler it cuts out and red stand by light comes on. If its not an airlock could it be the pump?

any things to try?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 887 ✭✭✭suitseir

You will have to bleed it to allow oil to burner. There are other threads on boards dealing with this, as far as I know. Happened to me but I got the delivery guy to bleed it for me.:o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,899 ✭✭✭✭Riskymove

I have bled it but to no avail, oil freely comes out when bled but is not getting through to burner

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,516 ✭✭✭Outkast_IRE

When you leave the oil run out you run the risk that some particles of debris will make it to the burner .
    how old is your oil tank ? Is it plastic or metal?
    Is the oil tank tilted so the debris will fall to one end of the tank?
    There are a few possibilites one is that the pump is gone but iv seen the debris fixed with a good clean out of the pump etc what sort of buner is it ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,899 ✭✭✭✭Riskymove

When you leave the oil run out you run the risk that some particles of debris will make it to the burner .
    how old is your oil tank ? Is it plastic or metal?
    Is the oil tank tilted so the debris will fall to one end of the tank?
    There are a few possibilites one is that the pump is gone but iv seen the debris fixed with a good clean out of the pump etc what sort of buner is it ?

The oil tank is old and plastic but seems to be level

the pump seems to be working

its quite an old burner, can't recall name but I'll check when home later.

I have taken off burner and tried to clean nozzle with a needle etc

It might be that I just have to turn off oil, empty whats in pipe and open up the burner to see what else might be done.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,516 ✭✭✭Outkast_IRE

Cleaning the nozzle might not be enough there could be debris in any area in which the oil is pumped through i have taken apart ,cleaned and reassemled a few myself that worked half the time , some needed a part replaced.
    The oil tank should be off level so debris builds up on the end of the tank opposite where the supply to burner is taken from.
    Hope it works out for ya but from experience it could be 50/50 less if its a old burner

• Advertisement
Advertisement