Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wembley cup - priority tickets on sale from 12.00 today

• 13-05-2009 9:59am
    Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭

Just received this from the club -

As part of our pre-season plans, the Club will be competing in the inaugural Wembley Cup in July against Barcelona, Celtic and Egyptian champions Al Ahly

The two-day tournament at Wembley Stadium will consist of two matches across each day. We take on La Liga leaders Barcelona in our opening fixture on Friday 24 July (kick off 8.00pm), with Celtic playing Al Ahly on the same day (kick off 5.15pm).

We then face Scottish league champions Celtic in our second and final match on Sunday 26 July (kick off 4.00pm), while Barcelona will meet Al Ahly in the day's other fixture (kick off 1.15pm).

Tickets for this event are being sold via the tournament organiser's appointed ticket agent, Ticketmaster. One Hotspur Season Ticket Holders and Members will be given access to advance tickets via a priority sale, before going on sale to the general public.

One Hotspur Season Ticket Holders and Members will be able to purchase tickets from 12.00pm (midday) on Wednesday 13 May through to midnight on Sunday 17 May. Tickets will then go onto general sale.

Tickets will be limited to 6 per client reference number.
    Tickets are priced at £29.00, £39.00, £49.00, £59.00 each, with concession tickets for under 16s / senior citizens priced at £20.00, £30.00, £40.00, £50.00 each. Two day tickets are also available and are priced at £50.00, £65.00, £80.00, £100.00 each with concession tickets for under 16s / senior citizens priced at £35.00, £50.00, £65.00, £85.00 each.

Your ticket will give you access to the stadium to watch both matches taking place that day.

All tickets are subject to booking fees.

To purchase tickets you will need your client reference number which is ******** to hand. Please note that you will not be able to purchase tickets in the priority sale period without this number

Tickets can be purchased online or over the phone on 0844 847 2540.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

i'm thinking strongly about the Celtic game....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 rainbowsunny

hi Mulla76,

just wondering could you give me some advice on the wembley cup tickets?
    see my boyfriend is a big spurs fan and its his birthday on the 20th so would like to surprise him with a weekend ticket to the wembley cup, what i'm wondering is do you think tickets will sell really fast, as in if i wait until they are on sale to the general public on the 18th is it very unlikely that i'll be able to get any ticket?
    and sorry one more thing- would ticketmaster be my best option to get them on monday morning?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

hi Mulla76,

just wondering could you give me some advice on the wembley cup tickets?
    see my boyfriend is a big spurs fan and its his birthday on the 20th so would like to surprise him with a weekend ticket to the wembley cup, what i'm wondering is do you think tickets will sell really fast, as in if i wait until they are on sale to the general public on the 18th is it very unlikely that i'll be able to get any ticket?
    and sorry one more thing- would ticketmaster be my best option to get them on monday morning?

Hi Rainbow, just read your post. I would'nt think you'll have any problem getting tickets etc.. for the Wembley Cup. Wembley holds nearly 90,000, and I'd imagine it will most definitely be knowhere near sold out for any of the games.

See below link from Spurs website regarding tickets.

http://www.tottenhamhotspur.com/news/articles/wembleycupticketdetails110509.html

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭Mullo76

Hi Rainbowsunny,

you should have no problems getting tickets in the general sale, Wembley is huge and cant see it being sold out at all. In saying that I would buy them sooner rather than later to get better seats.

cheers

Sorry Hatch hadnt seen your response.
    You heading over on Sat?

thanks for that!
    was a bit silly of me not to take the size of Wembley into account :) just didn't know how big this match is to be honest!

just one other thing, not that i think he'd really care (and this too could be a ditzy question) but are they likely to field their first line up for this match? as in would the bigger names be playing?

Mullo76 wrote: »
    Sorry Hatch hadnt seen your response.
    You heading over on Sat?
    Unfortunately not mate, the current climate is tearing the bollo* outta me. Will still be renewing but will be picking games carefully for next season.

thanks for that!
    was a bit silly of me not to take the size of Wembley into account :) just didn't know how big this match is to be honest!

just one other thing, not that i think he'd really care (and this too could be a ditzy question) but are they likely to field their first line up for this match? as in would the bigger names be playing?

All the big names will certainly be in the squad, assuming there not injured. He'll get to see most of the top names id say.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 724 ✭✭✭yiddo

why would people bother with this? to me friendlies no matter how glamourous the opponents are like going to boxing and watching the boxers fight with one hand tied behind their backs. I' d prefer to see a leahue cup tie against league 2 opposition than bother with the likes of this!

what say ye?

thanks for that Hatch99 :)

Hatch99 wrote: »
    Unfortunately not mate, the current climate is tearing the bollo* outta me. Will still be renewing but will be picking games carefully for next season.

Pity about that mate. Hopefully things will pick up for you.

yiddo wrote: »
    why would people bother with this? to me friendlies no matter how glamourous the opponents are like going to boxing and watching the boxers fight with one hand tied behind their backs. I' d prefer to see a leahue cup tie against league 2 opposition than bother with the likes of this!

what say ye?

I wont be going for purely that reason, no bite/fight in the game. Will keep my cash/brownie points for start of next season instead.

Though in saying that if I were already going to London for a weekend away would prob head along for a look but wouldnt plan a weekend based on these games, if that makes sense..

yiddo wrote: »

what say ye?

Agreed, but this girl is just doing it as a suprise for her hubbie which is pretty sound in fairness.

But I agree with what you said above.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 724 ✭✭✭yiddo

Hatch99 wrote: »
    Agreed, but this girl is just doing it as a suprise for her hubbie which is pretty sound in fairness.

But I agree with what you said above.

no problem with that just wondering!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭Meathfan

I normally wouldnt go to a pre season friendly but on this occasion I would go with a gang for the craic.

Spurs v Barca and Celtic.

Could be good games even.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 592 ✭✭✭galinka

Hopefully i will see it in Puerto Banus on my hols!!
    COYS

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 limerickyidd

Any one tried to get tickets for the up coming tournament?? Why did the club give the allocation of tickets to "Ticket masters". I was very excited to get an e-mail from the club giving me priority tickets as a Club member for this up coming tournament, between Spurs, Celtic, Barcelona and the Egyption Champions in July at Wembley. Prices started @ £50 for an adult & £35 for children. Great value as it covered the two games between Spurs & Celtic and Spurs & Barcelona on the Friday & Sunday. Quick check with Ryanair and could get the flights that weekend for €80 (self and the three lads) return. Assumed that I could purchase match tickets 1 adult & 3 kids totalling £155.00. Great chance to take them to 2 matches at Wembley.Then rang that buch of W*****'s at Ticket Masters within three hours of the e-mail from THFC. Was told, "cant get you seats together", if you want seats together it'll cost £350 plus our credit card fee plus our booking fee plus plus plus plus plus. Shove it ticket masters!! were in a recession. Would never have got that treatment from the club if they had the ticket allocation.

I always find ticketmistress to be a very expensive way to get tickets.

I guess since it involves other clubs we had to let Wembley use that outside agency:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

The club had no part to play in the distribution of tickets as we are invited participants, not the organisers. That applied to all the tickets for the event.
    Would never have got that treatment from the club if they had the ticket allocation.

Mustn't have many dealings with our ticket office...;)

Quote:
    Originally Posted by limerickyidd
    Would never have got that treatment from the club if they had the ticket allocation.

I have, both over the phone and in person, and always found them to be helpful to a tee. Couldn't have done more for me even when they have changed my original tickets to enable us to sit with our cousins, in the same block.

I have also dealt with our ticket office.

They have always been helpful and when I booked thro them:D

Thanks for agreeing with me Meath Fan:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 obrieh

Have 6 tickets available in a group for Fridays (July 24th) games.

5:15pm Celtic vs Al Ahly
    8:00pm Spurs vs Barcelona

Seat location: section BK 502, row 2, seats 43-38 (Celtic supporters)

Have an individual 7th seat in same row if required.

Spurs allocation of tickets now gone!

Tickets are £39 (€45) ea - will accept £30 (€35) ono.

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭Hearvee

Anyone else not got their tickets from Ticketmaster yet??? I've been told they're FedEx'ing them tomorrow but it'll be cutting it close considering I'll need them by Thursday! Just after ringing them and they basically told me it's my fault if I don't get them on time (ie they won't produce duplicates and leave them at the box office).

Wouldn't mind but I booked them over two months ago!

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭Mullins07

Hearvee wrote: »
    Anyone else not got their tickets from Ticketmaster yet??? I've been told they're FedEx'ing them tomorrow but it'll be cutting it close considering I'll need them by Thursday! Just after ringing them and they basically told me it's my fault if I don't get them on time (ie they won't produce duplicates and leave them at the box office).

Wouldn't mind but I booked them over two months ago!

I couldn't get them off Ticketmasters site so I used the alternative merchant, SEE.

They said they can't post to Ireland and are keeping the tickets for me to collect at Wembley Box Office. Maybe Ticketmaster actually do the same?

Anyways, that crowd SEE seem OK. Easy to get through to them too, not like Ticketmaster.

Mullins07 wrote: »
    I couldn't get them off Ticketmasters site so I used the alternative merchant, SEE.

They said they can't post to Ireland and are keeping the tickets for me to collect at Wembley Box Office. Maybe Ticketmaster actually do the same?

Anyways, that crowd SEE seem OK. Easy to get through to them too, not like Ticketmaster.

Did Seetickets sell them for the Spurs area of the ground? I thought that was just via Ticketmaster.

I had no problem ordering or paying for the tickets (way back in May), or getting through to their customer service (even on a Sunday). It's just that they haven't sent them out yet, and claim that whatever stage they're at I just have to wait for them to get to FedEx and then get to me.

I'd love to collect them at the box office, but at this stage they won't let me!

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭Mullins07

I could not get the option to buy with Ticketmaster online as the only acceptable delivery addresses were UK.

I tried to ring them and couldn't get through so I checked out SEE.

They had some in the Spurs area and I got through on the phone straight away.
    It says on their site that overseas orders must be collected at the venue.

Anyways, I hope you got them in time.

Strange, because I had no problem ordering them from Ticketmaster for delivery to Ireland. Shame cos pickup at the venue would've saved a lot of hassle!

Anyhow, after asking for FedEx to reroute the package, and three failed attempts to deliver to the original address, I'm now picking them up at the
    Dublin airport depot in the morning. And hoping that they don't put them on a truck again...