Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PvP Lock Build

• 13-05-2009 10:05am
    Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭

Started doing battlegrounds a few weeks ago after my interest in PvP was whetted during wg. On Shadowsong, we are outnumbered by the alli 2:1 yet still manage to win a very respectable amount of wg battles.

Currently I am using deep destro spec (chaos bolt ftw!) and am doing quite well with it. http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?warlock=030000000000000000000000000003220030003000000000000000005203205220331051035031351&glyph=021417020500&version=9767
    However, I've been told that most PvP locks spec affliction and was wondering what you guys thought? Also, with affliction would you use the succi or the felhunter? - conflicting info so far about that.

For PvP have swapped out my T7 for 2 hateful (so far) and 3 savage gladiators, and have gemmed up various other epic pieces for resi and spell penetration. Armoury is down atm so can't link.

All advice welcome!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭Schism

There was a Warlock thread not so long ago, might be worth checking out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

I wouldn't be gemming for resi tbh, i'd be more tempted to go for stam or sp/haste, but i havent really done any pvp with my lock since SL:SL was good.

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭Lanfear

Schism wrote: »
    There was a Warlock thread not so long ago, might be worth checking out.

Yes thanks, had already read through that, theres a bit about pvp at the start of it and then its all pve, was really hoping there might be a pvp lock with experience of the new specs and glyphs who could advise me. :confused:

Oh, and a spell to shackle rogues and torture them slowly with red hot irons would be nice too.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭Schism

Lanfear wrote: »
    Yes thanks, had already read through that, theres a bit about pvp at the start of it and then its all pve, was really hoping there might be a pvp lock with experience of the new specs and glyphs who could advise me. :confused:

Oh, and a spell to shackle rogues and torture them slowly with red hot irons would be nice too.....

A friend of mine has been playing a lock for years now, I'll ask him to reply here next time I see him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 206 ✭✭hk797

Lanfear wrote: »
    Currently I am using deep destro spec (chaos bolt ftw!) and am doing quite well with it. http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?warlock=030000000000000000000000000003220030003000000000000000005203205220331051035031351&glyph=021417020500&version=9767
    However, I've been told that most PvP locks spec affliction and was wondering what you guys thought? Also, with affliction would you use the succi or the felhunter? - conflicting info so far about that

Affliction does well in WG, AV, and 5v5 arenas where you get time to dot up and aoe among the crowd. Destro shines in WSG, EOTS, AB and 2v2 arena where there is less places to hide. Recommend this build for deep destro. Top arena destro locks run 800+ resi (only possible with pvp weapons - 700 achieveable without - full pvp gear + trinket) spell pen 75, 5% hit and 2300+ sp dmg. Recommended to only gem offensively once you hit 700+ resi. Felhunter for afflic and succi for destro.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭Drakar

The actual data (http://www.sk-gaming.com/arena/team/2/all/all/all/all/all/warlock/any////) seems to suggest that 54/17/0 is the way to go in 2v2.

Drakar wrote: »
    The actual data (http://www.sk-gaming.com/arena/team/2/all/all/all/all/all/warlock/any////) seems to suggest that 54/17/0 is the way to go in 2v2.

Fear got the nerf bat in 3.1 so for players new to PVP affliction is very combo dependent. Running with a priest or rogue combo in 2v2 works for well geared and experienced pvpers. Destro gives alot more options on combos such as double dps for players new to pvp.

hk797 wrote: »
    Affliction does well in WG, AV, and 5v5 arenas where you get time to dot up and aoe among the crowd. Destro shines in WSG, EOTS, AB and 2v2 arena where there is less places to hide. Recommend this build for deep destro. Top arena destro locks run 800+ resi (only possible with pvp weapons - 700 achieveable without - full pvp gear + trinket) spell pen 75, 5% hit and 2300+ sp dmg. Recommended to only gem offensively once you hit 700+ resi. Felhunter for afflic and succi for destro.

Many thanks for your advice - will have a look this evening at changing the destro spec to match that one - I'm way over on hit even without the talent points in it currently, can you explain why the succi instead of the imp for pvp destro? Is it to kiss those damn rogues to death? ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 85 ✭✭magilly

Succy = seduce = time to cast or get away from ze enemy. Helps ALOT with rogues.

As for the above comments... right now i wouldnt worry too much about high end arena as you dont seem to be the very experienced at all. Just stick to that destro build posted above and have fun in the BG's.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,471 ✭✭✭elexes

nothing saves you from a good rogue im fecked every time without fail. they have me stunned so long that my 18k health just vanishes quicker then they can

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 85 ✭✭magilly

yeah, that'll happen :)

best thing to do vs rogues in bg's is just try and cc them while you run away :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,471 ✭✭✭elexes

elexes wrote: »
    nothing saves you from a good rogue im fecked every time without fail. they have me stunned so long that my 18k health just vanishes quicker then they can

infact i think the only thing that might fubar them is a voidewalker so you can bubble . fel domination / summon pet

elexes wrote: »
    infact i think the only thing that might fubar them is a voidewalker so you can bubble . fel domination / summon pet

Rogues are a challenge but manageable once you figure them out. They usually open with a cheap shot which you counter by spamming seduce. Undead (UD) will pop WOTF and non-UD will trinket so keep spamming seduce. When it hits drop COE, cast chaos bolt followed by shadowfury and finish with corruption before teleport. Locks new to PVP may never have used teleport - its your win button - learn to use it. A good rogue will cloak but you'll be far enough away to heal up. With his cloak and trinket blown be ready to kite and nuke. Honor and badge gear will get you to 20k HP unbuffed so work on gearing up. Learning the defensive and offensive CDs for every class helps alot.

Have used teleport - mainly in wg so far, will try it out in some bgs too where feasible. Will take out the succi tonight and see how she gets on with those NE rogues, was away for the weekend and raiding last night so first chance to do a bit of pvp since I last posted. Have over 1600 kills so far, not a whole lot, but oh god I do love it - great fun and to hear that NE deathcry as he falls onto his knees at your feet... ;)

Advertisement