Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

MCE 2005 --> DIVX XBOX 360

• 13-05-2009 10:33am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 329 ✭✭

HI Guys, Wondering if any of you media genius types can help me :)

I have moved my xbox 360 up into the 'home cinema' attic and rebuilt my Windows XP 2005 MCE machine. Part of the plan was to connect the two and stream divx files to the xbox via MCE extender functionality. I find that in Media Center mode, the xbox doesn't see my divx files and when i use WMP11 the quality is shockingly bad - lots of blocky artifacts & streaking etc ... TV works perfectly and is as good quality as on the media center machine

If i plug the laptop into the network point in the attic and play divx files from a share, they look great ...

Network is 85mbps homeplug giving about 2 megabytes/s real bandwidth ..

any ideas why 1. MCE 'mode' wont see the files and 2. quality is so bad with WMP 11?

(sorry for long post and thanks!)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,204 ✭✭✭Kenny_D

Have you thought about trying TVersity?

http://tversity.com/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 329 ✭✭EasyBoy1974

Thanks for the reply - yes i was looking at TVersity alright - hoping it supports 5.1 sound and that it wont mess up my existing (working) media center functions (TV specifically)!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,266 ✭✭✭00sully

+1 for TVersity. Amazing bit of software.

OK - time to give TVersity a go - thanks for the recommendations!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,164 ✭✭✭hobochris

+1 for TVersity...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭Evolute

Yeh Tversity is the best one to use.:)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 24,004 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

Just jumping on the bandwagon really, yup TVersity is great, that or an external USB drive. I use both and I find it very handy just to back up everything to the USB and plug that it's the XBox

Thanks every1 - installed TVersity and it is great .. still some quality issues, but i think thats just because it's bad source material (600mb avi) on a big screen ... have to try to rip everything at a higher quality from now!

just an aside - how come TVersity is so simple to set up for streaming, but Windows Media Center is a pain in the a$$??? seriously, it took me 5 mins to set up (if even) yet i can lose days on media center ...

Advertisement