Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone know about much about horses?

Options
  • 13-05-2009 10:53am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 118 ✭✭

I saw a horse sitting/lying in a field this morning on the way to work, 2 days ago in the same field I saw 2 horses sitting/lying in the grass. Is this normal? I thought that when a horse is down like that it means that it is very weak. Anyone shed some light?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭Plug-me-in

This is perfectly normal!! They're probably just enjoying getting a few morning rays on their backs now that the weather has become nice again!

There's a common misconception that horses sleep standing up, and therefore when lying down people presume there's something wrong.

Granted, horses DOZE standing up, but for a deep sleep to properly rest themselves they'll lie down if possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

Yes its perfectly normal for a horse to lie down, you often see them in the sun totally sprawled out. Its nothing to do with being weak, they do like to lie down and relax.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 118 ✭✭girl24

Oh thats a relief, I was a bit worried. Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 132 ✭✭spiderdog

a few weeks ago i saw a horse start to get up from lying down.......then decided to stay in a sitting position when something caught its attention......sooo funny to look at :pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,874 ✭✭✭EGAR

My horses sunbathe, they are flat on their side and sleep although one is always keeping watch. I actually managed to take a pic of my donkey Francis sitting like a dog. He sat there long enough for me to run back into the house, get the camera and take a pic.

p896069.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 527 ✭✭✭Call me Socket

That's a very funny pic!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 132 ✭✭spiderdog

hhhahahhaaaaa brillient:p:p

wasn`t there a prog with a mule called francis? :D

Advertisement