Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

N95 - problem starting applications

• 13-05-2009 11:12am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭

I have a Nokia N95 8GB.
    I've recently hard reset the phone.
    I've also updated to the latest (O2) firmware after this.

My problem is that sometimes applications won't load. I'll click my link for Opera Mini or for Cabbage Mobile and nothing happens. The only way that i can see to solve this problem is to reboot the phone which then solves it until it happens again.

This doesn't happen all the time. Sometimes a few times a day, other times randomly every few days.

Any thoughts on what might be causing this?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭jessconr

I could update your firmware to Nokia's V.31 not O2's. You can do this by changing your product code number on your phone to EURO1. There are plenty of step by step guides to do this on the net. Just google "How to update firmware and change product code on N95"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

yeah just debrand your phone and put the nokia firmware on it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

Are you guys suggesting that the o2 firmware is at fault rather than some sort of hardware problem?

Have you experienced the issue before?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

I have had similar problems with the first N95, but i blame the app more so than the firmware. It only ever happened to certain apps. Try reinstalling the apps before you do a firmware re-flash

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

The apps have been reinstalled multiple times (everything was reset when the firmware was upgraed).

I don't want to upgrade to non O2 firmware for now, any other takes on the issue?

Thanks

• Advertisement
Advertisement