Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

social care

• 13-05-2009 11:36am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

I cant mke up my mind rather 2 do midwifery of social care can any 1 help?? is any 1 studying either 1 of these's?? (I am a mature student)
    Thanks x x x x;)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭mollybird

heh me doing social care. heading into my 4th year believe it or not. such an amazing course. due to the subjects being so broad it can help you get a job in many different fields. you have some amazing lecturers (won't be naming them on this.) they cover law, social policy, social change and gender studies. if you need any other info on this course please let me know.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 blackpaddy

mollybird wrote: »
    heh me doing social care. heading into my 4th year believe it or not. such an amazing course. due to the subjects being so broad it can help you get a job in many different fields. you have some amazing lecturers (won't be naming them on this.) they cover law, social policy, social change and gender studies. if you need any other info on this course please let me know.

hiya mollybird,just got my cao offer 4 social care in dkit,lookin 4ward 2 it,and just want 2 know how many hours per week u r doing on the course?have been doin voluntary work with youngs adults and children 4 a while cant wait 2 start.

blackpaddy wrote: »
    hiya mollybird,just got my cao offer 4 social care in dkit,lookin 4ward 2 it,and just want 2 know how many hours per week u r doing on the course?have been doin voluntary work with youngs adults and children 4 a while cant wait 2 start.

ah congrats black paddy. you usually don't have that much. you may have just one long day a week. with a half day on wed cause it's clubs and society day that day. and if your lucky you may have one day off (usually a fri) during the week. if you have one class you can ask the lecturer to try and swap that class to another time of the week so the class can have a day off.

to answer your question you have about 15 - 20 hours a week. if you want to see roughly what the timetable is like go to www.dkit.ie/bs.

if you have any other questions please dont' be afraid to ask. love helping out newbies:p

• Registered Users Posts: 12 blackpaddy

thanks mb,am looking 4ward 2 it,got my grants form 2day waiting on my registration infos,am giving my boss my 2weeks notice on friday.cant wait,cant wait thnx 4 ur info 2,i ll definitely ask u if am stuck.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 CDJM

hey i applied to do social care in d.k.i.t......i did PLC and im wondering does any1 no when plc results r out?

• Advertisement

ah you should of have had them back in early june if not late may. id go and ring teh college and see what happened.

Advertisement